Can i buy the Nokia Lumia 710 ..?

seenuguddu

Disciple
Hi All,

i am planning to buy the mobile, this Month end and need a help in this.

planning to opt this Nokia Lumia 710 before buying this i need suggestions from your end

Can i buy the Nokia Lumia 710..? or any other suggestions

My budget is 15k - 20 k

My requirement is

Camera - 5 MP- 8MP with Autofocus

Size - 3.7 - 4.00 with large screen

Good Music Capabilities and performance in CPU as well

Gaming – usage is very less

Thanks in Advance

@vicky.vetal

buddy thanks for reply , i too love the Android but Nokia Lumia 710 comes with the Windows OS(Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango).

i just confused with this, so before buying this need suggestions

i wont play games much

@ dhruvrock2000

Thank buddy , so you want me to kick it off.

please dont compare android to any other os in market.even symbian is better than android.if you are a child and want to buy a toy then go for android.otherwise try windows or ios.
also look at other models from samsung because they comes with better specs and features than lumia 710.
viewing angle of lumia is average and no front facing camera.samsung comes with front camera and price is lower too.

manu george said:
please dont compare android to any other os in market.even symbian is better than android.if you are a child and want to buy a toy then go for android.otherwise try windows or ios.

also look at other models from samsung because they comes with better specs and features than lumia 710.

viewing angle of lumia is average and no front facing camera.samsung comes with front camera and price is lower too.

Yes, I am child in choosing the Toy(Mobile).. So give me some Samsung links which you want me to check as Samsung is having many versions in Mobiles to choose and a lot of confusion.

if you are just looking for a phone under 20k budget.options are plenty.but make a decent reserch for which suits best to you.android is much easy for new comers in smart phone.
look at nokia n8.it is a good phone at you price.12mp camera is one of the best in mobiles.
samsung galaxy s: good for music.camera lacks flash
lg optimus 2x:good camera large display.not very good for music hearing.

the only point where i prefer Android over other OSs is the price.. if the Nokia Lumia 800 was around 22-23k or the iphone around that range, am sure Nokia will regain its supremacy or Apple would shut down Samsung or even Android itself :) but its not the case.. you have Androids from 9k to the max 33k which can satisfy a wide range of customers.. I was very much happy with my LG Optimus one as it did a good job at its price point and now O2x for its 18k price tag..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

agantuk said:
At that price range, if you are interested in a WP7, I would recommend having a look at the Samsung Omnia W too

its a good choice and its around 20k in Sulekha and 21k in FK

Samsung I8350 Omnia W|Samsung I8350 Omnia W Price|Samsung I8350 Omnia W Mobile Phone India

Even I was planning to get an Android. (within same range - 20K +/-).

But now I guess I will go for Lumia 710.

Mango got good review - looks much different from other OSs.

Front camera isn't a big deal for me (I even have one now, never used - dont think I'm gonna need it anytime soon).

Else, I don't see much cons for Lumia - windows market place is growing - has around 38K apps as of now. And with Lumia's coming to market, I guess, its gonna grow soon.

Yes, but that's bugging only a few phones, not all. My Lumia 800 reads full charge capacity of 1515 mAh but I've heard some of the users are seeing it as less than 1000 mAh in their devices.

Nokia has acknowledged the issue and will be rolling out an update in early next year to fix this. I love Nokia's full dedication behind this device, already there has been 2 updates since release making an already good phone stellar. If you are looking for any of the Lumia devices, issues like these shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Lumia 800, hands down, go for it. For the 710, I'd look at it (Especially due to hardware buttons and all), and also there are some pretty stiff competitors out there for the 710, like the Omnia W.

Windows Phone 7.5 is a wonderful OS, but it has it's fair share of limitations. Make sure you understand these before jumping aboard.

Can you buy the Lumia 710? Of course you can! Who is going to stop you from doing this?
<

Jokes apart, if you will not customize your phone much, are OK with using zune for file transfer, can live without bluetooth file transfer, memory card, and a bit shortage of apps, then you can go ahead.

Edit: just noticed that original post is old, but just in case.

Back