Call of Duty: Black Ops Will Have Just One Dedicated Server Option

@spin

Will buy MOH when its down to $10 - basically for the SP game. I didn't like the MP BETA. Unless it changes radically at release I doubt I will be playing MOH MP.

Will only buy Black Ops if theres a server with a reasonable ping.

Recently my ping to Sing has shot up from 70 to 140. The weird part is that now I am getting 140-150 to UK, USA and Sing BC2 Servers! Don't know if I should be happy or annoyed...

Rickyk said:
@spin

Will buy MOH when its down to $10 - basically for the SP game. I didn't like the MP BETA. Unless it changes radically at release I doubt I will be playing MOH MP.

Recently my ping to Sing has shot up from 70 to 140. The weird part is that now I am getting 140-150 to UK, USA and Sing BC2 Servers! Don't know if I should be happy or annoyed...
yup....... same...... i hate when i play on server with 100 to 150 ping where other players are playing at 30 to 40 pings....... it just gives unfair advantage to them................ me also will be waiting for checking the server pings before buying any multiplayer games in future..........

btw......... did treyarch mention that this time there would be any LAN play option available without the internet connection unlike the MW2......?? or will it be like bfbc2 with no lan support.......??

Rickyk said:
@spin

$ 10 ~ Rs.500

you can get it off retail for around 900 bucks so go for it :)

because if you wait for the 10$ steam sale - that doesnt look probable in the near future - new games hardly go for sale at such low prices.

What lame developer controlled multiplayer tactics. It is only good for RPGs or games that require services which only the developer can provide (iRacing.com).

Rickyk said:
@spin

140 to us servers? :O

spindoctor said:
i should have said day one sales (which includes pre-orders in the count for some reason) instead of pre-orders. modern warfare 2 sold over 5 million copies on day one, and over 9 million copies in the first 5 days. that is more than bad company 2 lifetime sales. some say black ops will outsell mw2, others disagree. besides, don't get hung up on the numbers... the point i was making is that cod sales and dice sales are on 2 totally different scales.
then it could be i was talking about the debut

black ops will surely outsell MW2 at launch but won't have the same sales following in its biggest region which is USA and UK cause MOH,GT5,REACH will pose competition this time

agree COD and Battlefield sales are on different scales

i also think their quality is on a different level,atleast for me,battlefield has been my favorite war game since the BF 1942

Bad company's sales are more than 6m and MW2 sold less than it the first day

Aman27deep said:
140 to us servers? :O

Yep. Earlier I was getting 300 to EU and 700+ to US BC2 Servers. Now suddenly its 140-150 to EU and US BC2 servers. I would be jumping for joy if the Fragnetic server ping had not shot up to 140 as well.

Back