Buying the Galaxy Grand today - Any alternatives?

Talking of screen quality,
IPS is anyday anytime better than amoled and TN panels.
See it in shop and decide,I for one will never buy any samoled phones now that i have been using IPS panel phones.

Using S3 and Micromax A110 . S3 has sharper images and better blacks . Have used Nokia C7 with amoled too . Thats why I find them better when watching movies . My personal opinion . Will not like to use lcd now .

Xperia Ion is best in the 20k range. And it will receive the limpie update too. The build quality and UI are which I like the most Not like Samsungs Plasticy phones. The phone feels solid and looks good too. And the screen is 4.6inches which is good enough for everything. Almost equal to the S3s screen. I I were you, I would go for the ION over the Grand.

I have been using the lg l9 since two months now and i must i have been blown away with its performance so far. I got it for 15k on homeshop and recently got the jb update. After the update the phone works like a wonder machine... Also for people who have l9, the update is not available OTA you have to go to the lg website and get it from there hardly a 10 minute task. I would strongly suggest this phone for the awesome display, only con being you can't move apps to sdcard without rooting since internal memory is only 4gb. otherwise this is a killer device in the sub 20k bracket.

if you are spending 20k and above why not the xperia ion or better - Google Nexus 4 (right from the mothership) ??? The nexus 4 will definitely get the next two or three updates, plus the specs blow any of its siblings out of the water :p

if you are spending 20k and above why not the xperia ion or better - Google Nexus 4 (right from the mothership) ??? The nexus 4 will definitely get the next two or three updates, plus the specs blow any of its siblings out of the water :p
+1 to that, its not just the hardware that makes a phone, software is as important. You can't go wrong with a nexus.

Grand's display is one of the worst i have seen.. That low reso on a 5" screen is a total disappointment..
The games look horrible on that screen.. Also Grand has random app crash issues..
Increase your budget and get the s3, Nexus 4 or htc one X..
Even the Xperia SP is a fantastic option.. The dual core is giving last year's Quad core devices a hard time..
Xperia SP Benchmark: Antutu: ~16K, Quadrant: ~8K

+1 to what csunit37 said. Dont bother with the Grand. Get yourself an Xperia SP. That thing has killer looks and those Krait badboys are good enough to handle anything thrown at it for the next year or so... Increase your budget bit or wait a while before you make a purchase! Get a gooooood phone and dont settle for things like the Galaxy Grand!! Also the S advance is no ground breaker either, yes you will save a lot of money but i think you wont be satisfied with it!!

guys is xperia L good buy ?? is anythng better avail for less price . i cant raise budget ,can only lower it . need great camera and good battery thats it . android , only htc ,samsung ,sony , lg brand only . no gaming . do not lige laggy stuff that hangs . do u think ive made good choice ?

@Mr India, the xperia L is a really good phone. Armed with Qualcomm's krait processors and adreno 305 and 1 GB ram , i think its going to be good. However the FWVGA resolution may be a downside on a 4.3 inch screen. However you can overlook that then i dont think any phone in that price bracket can beat the Xperia L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back