Car & Bike Buying a Skoda ? Think again.

hkanitkar

Disciple
Guys, here I am posting links to 2 threads on Team-BHP.

One of the threads tells us story of Harish and his fight with Skoda-India. His car is with the service center for last one year. Yes, you read it right - One bloody year.
The guys at service center tried to put in some dubious/ duplicate parts in his car and He's been fighting ever since.
Link : Harish's story

The other one tells us how Skoda-India tried to frighten Team-BHP and make them shut up.
Link : Threatening Team-BHP ?

As a responsible member of both forums, I am trying to make any prospective Skoda buyers aware of Skoda-India's practices.

@Mods - If you guys feel this is not appropriate to be posted here, do the needful. My only intention here is increasing awareness. I like Skoda cars, but the way they have been treating a lot of their customers is really bad.

Saw Harish's thread, and I sincerely sympathise with him. However I think GTO got a bit over-excited with the other thread.

What Skoda meant was, that by Team-bhp posting the info they (i.e. team-bhp) would instigate (or in simple english - stir up) its members - which is normal for a company to say when on the defensive.

GTO for some reason has sort of mistranslated it as Skoda threatening them and wanting to instigate team-bhp/it's members. I re-read their statement a couple of times over to make sure I wasn't wrong, unless I missed something else :huh:

Hey Crazy Eddy,

Even I was of the same opinion that GTO was a bit over-reactinbg when I read the thread for the 1st time. But once you read the 1st post by GTO, it gets cleared off.

link

Its the choice of words by the lady from Skoda that made GTO ( and further, the whole forum ) this way.

She clearly says that : I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

Instigating someone in a case does not have a meaning pertaining to this court case as such. I amy be wrong, but from what I could decipher out of it was this.

If she meant to say 'Implicate' ( which I think she did ), then I guess GTO's thread is totally justified !

@47Shailesh - this thread is only to let people on this forum ( who are not members of team-BHP ) know about it. We are definitely not going to discuss Harish's case here. All the updates regd the case can be read at team-BHP only.

wow , this was surprising , i would never have wondered that a company with such a large reputation would resort to such tactics

team bhp seem to have bitten off more than they can chew.It was becoming a skoda bashing orgy there, with the admin team adding to the fire, before the dumb PR bunny showed up. but hey, both endings are good. Either they'll win against skoda , and all dealers will be afraid when they see a car with a team bhp sticker on it :devil2: , or they'll lose, and they'll shut up once and for all and stop their self righteousness :p

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

Read it and draw your own conclusions. I dont think it in any way can be understood as team bhp instigating its users, and the same line was posted twice....

Besides, the this sort of leeway with language is usually applied to the garden variety MBA who does not comprehend what he/she is writing. one would expect better clarity of expression from an oxford educated "Marketing Communications Manager"

well ,I was wondering why no one started a thread regarding this ? :rolleyes:

The posts must go to skoda international forums where they will get the deserved lash.(already they are known for decade old design cars).

Read the whole thing on TBHP couple of days back and have been following the whole story. I was in a Maruti Showroom about 3 hours back when a guy sitting on the opposite side started a conversation about Recession and so many customers in the showroom etc. During the conversation he mentioned that he was contemplating on buying a Fabia, Dezire or Swift D. I told him about Harishv case with Skoda and how Skoda is trying hard to save its face and not paying the compensation and everything and that person booked the Dezire with the salesman then and there.

I am sure Sokda will lose loads more customers if they keep dragging this case.

Shame on you Skoda India guys... Before they get big loss, they should close this matter by giving him refund or new car (harish wont get skoda again for sure :()
Request to media, please publish this case on your sources.. So Skoda will get huge effect...

Back