Buying a PC in Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5233

Disciple
Hi this is my first post to this forum..
I came here because I found this forum really helpful..
I want to buy following PC components in Pune.. I request you to suggest some good shops and latest prices if possible...
List:
A good processor : Probably i3 or i5 Budget : ~ Rs. 6000 to 7000
A motherboard : A good Motherboard compatible with the above processor Budget : ~ Rs. 4000
Ram Sticks : 4 Gb RAM Budget : ~ Rs. 3000
Graphics Gard : A good card to suit occasional gaming Budget : Under Rs. 4000
A well ventilated cabinate : Rs. 2000
Total Rs. 20,000
I already have other components from my old pc.
Also suggest me a good shop in Pune to buy all these.
Thank you in advance.

What are your needs? Without that suggesting something is very difficult. Based on the needs one has to choose which component should have more weightage.

What are the existing components(models) that you are planning to keep from the old machine. For eg., is your monitor a 19" or 22"

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

What are your needs? Without that suggesting something is very difficult. Based on the needs one has to choose which component should have more weightage.
What are the existing components(models) that you are planning to keep from the old machine. For eg., is your monitor a 19" or 22"

Thanks for the advice.

My needs are :

Gaming ( Good games on low ~ med settings)

Office work

occasional photo editing

Internet browsing

downloading games.

My previous components are :

Monitor : LG L177WSB 19"

Speakers : Creative ( I forgot the exact model name)

Dvd writer : LG DVD writer.

HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 160 GB ( Although it seems low capacity, I also have an External HDD of 500 GB)

Also suugesst me a psu for all the new components.

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i3 2100 5400

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 3450

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1350

GPU Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 or HD 6570 1GB DDR3 4000/3800

PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2 2200

Total 16400

If you already dont own a good cabinet then get a decent cabinet like the CM Elite 310 ~ 1.6k or NZXT Gamma for ~ 2.2k.

You can also go for a feature rich motherboard like the Intel DH67BL(B3) ~ 5.1k if you feel you need extra features like USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps.

Prices may be slightly higher in Pune due to Octroi.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Where these rates are from ??

Can you suggest me a good cooler for gpu and cpu as well because my room is not well ventilated..??

Also suggest me good shops in Pune.

Go to Karan Computers on East Road. He only keeps mainstream components but is a pretty honest guy with good quotes.

N5233 said:
Thank you very much for the advice.

Where these rates are from ??

Can you suggest me a good cooler for gpu and cpu as well because my room is not well ventilated..??

Also suggest me good shops in Pune.

Mumbai rates. Get a decent cabinet like the NZXT Gamma if the current cabinet is cramped. The i3 2100 and HD5670 are low power consuming and runs pretty cool. OEM coolers that come with them are more than enough.

DCC is supposed to be good but a bit overpriced from what I know. But it's still better that you know the rates, doesn't hurt trying. Which area do you prefer shopping from?

DCC is meh.. so is Sujata Computers on Karve Road. Go to STech Computers either at Swargate or off JM Road.

Even Karan I heard is good, but I do not have first hand experience of buying from them.

Sei said:
DCC is supposed to be good but a bit overpriced from what I know. But it's still better that you know the rates, doesn't hurt trying. Which area do you prefer shopping from?

I don't prefer a area specificly..

I live in kothrud so please suggest me shops near my place...

DCC sometimes give quote lower than STech ... yeah Ankita sales is also good, but he take time to arrange things ...

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

Heres what I found :
Processor : Intel Core i3-540 3.06 Ghz Rs. 5215 /-
Motherboard : Asus P7H55-M-LX 8GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard Rs. 3790 /-
RAM : Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz Rs. 1350 /-
Graphics Card : XFX GeForce GT520 1GB DDR3 Rs. 3180 /-
PSU : Gigabyte Superb 460W GE-R460-V1 Rs. 1895 /-
Cabinate : Cooler Master Elite 430 Black With Side Panel Window Rs. 2675 /-
Total : Rs.18105 /-
Please give your opinions and more configurations. Thanking you in advance..

DCC is overpriced, you really need to negotiate hard to get the component at the market rate let alone bargain, but products are genuine and not damaged.

GV Sales, Mittal Court, Near the Synagogue is a good store no need to bargain, good prices.

N5233 said:
Heres what I found :

Processor : Intel Core i3-540 3.06 Ghz Rs. 5215 /-

Motherboard : Asus P7H55-M-LX 8GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard Rs. 3790 /-

RAM : Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz Rs. 1350 /-

Graphics Card : XFX GeForce GT520 1GB DDR3 Rs. 3180 /-

PSU : Gigabyte Superb 460W GE-R460-V1 Rs. 1895 /-

Cabinate : Cooler Master Elite 430 Black With Side Panel Window Rs. 2675 /-

Total : Rs.18105 /-

Please give your opinions and more configurations. Thanking you in advance..
The processor and motherboard is from the old generation. Ask for the config Dark Angel suggested. The i3 2100 is much better than the i3 540. Also the GT520 is a useless graphic card. The 5670 Dark Angel suggested is much better.

If the dealer has suggested this config, he's trying to sell off his old stock.

viralbug said:
The processor and motherboard is from the old generation. Ask for the config Dark Angel suggested. The i3 2100 is much better than the i3 540. Also the GT520 is a useless graphic card. The 5670 Dark Angel suggested is much better.

If the dealer has suggested this config, he's trying to sell off his old stock.

Thanks.. I'll find other configs..

Heard of Baba computers from one of my friends.. How is it..?? How are the prices..??

Bump...
Please reply Pune guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back