Buying a HTC 3400 & Bluetooth Headset

Saddhu

Disciple
The HTC 3400 is coming for a round 15k ... am thinking of getting one :) But is it a good choice for the price ... :huh:

Please let me know if i should go for it or not ?

Also what would a decent bluetooth headset for the phone ?

I've been considering that too as well :( My only minor complaint is no Wi-Fi. I'm told the battery life isn't too great either. Now I hate to give up on the Windows Mobile part but I might get the SE p990i - keyboard + touchscreen + WiFi + decent battery life for what? under 13k? Lets see :| Still thinking but if what rajshah says is true - HTC P3400 is around 13.5k, I would still consider it.

I personally bought it with my friend for that price about 2 weeks back !!

Look around some shops.. you will easily get it for that price !

HTC is ~14.5k from what I've seen in newspaper ads and I've been told the same by a shopkeeper over the phone. rajshah says 13.6k so I'm curious too, with or without bill? P990i is supposedly 13k without bill and 16k-ish with bill I think. I'm planning on buying one of these in the next 1 week or so. I'll be watching this space :p

List of +'s and -'s for for both the phones for my needs and from what I've heard..
HTC P3400
+ Windows Mobile
+ Compact
- No WiFi
- No Keypad
- Not so great battery life

Sony Ericsson P990i
+ WiFi
+ Keypad
+ Decent Battery life
+ Have a 512MB + 1GB Sony stick with me, so won't have to spend on that
- Bulky (don't really care a lot about it - should JUST about fit in a shirt pocket)
- Symbian!?@# :(

I know I really really should just blindly get the SE P990i and I'll go walking to the shop repeating it in my head "p990i..p990i...p990i......" and then end up with "bhaisaab, HTC P3400 dhikana" Lets see..lets see!! :S Still thinking....

can u tell me the disadvantages of getting it w/o Bill ??.. if its the NO waRRanty thing.. then can we get a bill afterwards by paying the remaining ( ~3k) amount ??

The HTC 3400 is coming for 14k with bill & 1gd sd card ..... but the p990i is still 19k with bill ....

so the big Q : is the HTC 3400 really good value for money ...

All HTC models are sold in India under warranty as of yet !

Even if you dont get a bill.. they will honour the warranty on your piece if its an Indian import !

what about a good headset ... which is better nokia , motorola or Sony ericsson ...

any headset which represents a good value for money

Back