Buy World of Goo for whatever price you choose!

spindoctor

Skilled
world of goo was one of the best indie games released in the last year. it's celebrating it's first birthday this week and the developers are offering a promotion where the customer can buy the game for whatever price they choose to pay.

more details - http://2dboy.com/2009/10/13/happy-bi...-world-of-goo/ (server is overloaded right now)

homepage - http://2dboy.com/games.php

goo.jpg

awesome gesture from the developers of a lovely game. support indie games by buying this title for whatever price you think it's worth :)

yea the server is getting totally hammered right now. the good news is that the offer is valid for the next 6 days, so there's plenty of time :)

I got it for 1 cent :). Havent downloaded it yet. he download pag is busy rt now. I bought it n steam a fewmonths ago anyway. Didnt really needed it

Looking at the server load, it wont be a bad idea for somebody to purchase few copies and then distribute the interested people here.

More like a GO..

I always heard good reviews abt it.

Seems it requires a PayPal account.. even when I choose to only use credit card! Can anyone do this for me please? I'd like to try out the game...

A quick update on this, to prevent a few people from getting screwed like I did.

They use some shady ad-farm servers to redirect your pages just past the payment point, so this breaks pretty badly if you're using Firefox+Adblock, or indeed any other ad blocker. Disable them first!

^^ didnt happen with me, maybe they fixed it.

using adblock plus, and no script, everything worked fine.

Plus bought quite a number for gifts....

Cheers!

shr1k said:
A quick update on this, to prevent a few people from getting screwed like I did.

They use some shady ad-farm servers to redirect your pages just past the payment point, so this breaks pretty badly if you're using Firefox+Adblock, or indeed any other ad blocker. Disable them first!

that doesn't make sense... you click on the payment button and it loads up paypal. complete the payment and paypal redirects you back... there are no redirects anywhere. you might want to check your pc for spyware or something.

spindoctor said:
that doesn't make sense... you click on the payment button and it loads up paypal. complete the payment and paypal redirects you back... there are no redirects anywhere. you might want to check your pc for spyware or something.

I agree - it doesn't make sense. Actually the first couple of times I tried, I chose the Credit Card option, without going thru Paypal. Both times, it seemed to go through, only to bring me back to the "Enter card details" page again. Each time though, I got an sms stating my CC was billed a dollar.

Ultimately I went through the pain of registering my CC with PayPal, and getting hit with the 1.95 charge. Did the purchase thing again, this time through IE8, and chose to pay via PayPal. While the transaction was going on, I noticed altserve.mediafarm or mediaplex.net in the status bar, which looked shadily familiar. I went through my Adblock filter list, and it was there! Hence this 'advisory'..

p.s: Ended up paying $3 for the game - don't mind at all, it is KICK-ASS! I love it totally!

shr1k said:
I agree - it doesn't make sense. Actually the first couple of times I tried, I chose the Credit Card option, without going thru Paypal. Both times, it seemed to go through, only to bring me back to the "Enter card details" page again. Each time though, I got an sms stating my CC was billed a dollar.

Ultimately I went through the pain of registering my CC with PayPal, and getting hit with the 1.95 charge. Did the purchase thing again, this time through IE8, and chose to pay via PayPal. While the transaction was going on, I noticed altserve.mediafarm or mediaplex.net in the status bar, which looked shadily familiar. I went through my Adblock filter list, and it was there! Hence this 'advisory'..

p.s: Ended up paying $3 for the game - don't mind at all, it is KICK-ASS! I love it totally!

that 1.95$ is a verification charge. when you get the credit card bill, check the transaction number and enter the pin on your paypal account to verify it. the amount will then be credited to your paypal balance, so it won't actually cost you anything.

Back