Budget 41-50k Budget performance oriented laptop

mayank0623

Disciple
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Coding and gaming
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 15" is ideal, more works too. No particular preference of weight, just don't want to compromise performance or longevity for sleek look or thinness
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No such preference, any brand with good after sales service works
  • Any other considerations? 16 GB ram minimum. Just want the most performant laptop I can get in this budget, looks are irrelevant

Looking for a budget laptop for coding involving light model training and gaming at low res. 6 cores or >8 threads with 16GB RAM and at least 512 GB storage. Dedicated GPU, even mobile version would be greatly preferred. Can be as thick and heavy as needed as long as overheating and bottlenecking can be avoided to maximum extent. 15" screen, 16:9 or 16:10 both work. Backlit keyboard for typing in dark would be good. Looking for a laptop from any company with good after sales service. Am open to buying used too as long as it's within warranty.

You missed out on your budget. "Budget" is a relative term, for some it is 40k, others 50k, for some even 80k, etc.

Get a RTX 3050 70-80W laptop like this Victus:
https://www.amazon.in/HP-5-5600H-Graphics-Response-15-fb0050AX/dp/B0B5R97495

You can add 2nd RAM & even a 2nd M.2 SSD.
I didn't include it because it's already mentioned in the title tag
Longevity doesn't come with laptops, build a PC instead.

If you are so worried about performance, at least a PC won't thermal throttle.
PC I already have, the laptop is for secondary use when I'm not at home. I'm just looking for max performance in this price range since I know some people might think or recommend thinner machines for look or feel and I don't care about that, gaming sessions on the laptops will be brief, it's mostly going to be used for writing code and preparing documents and presentations or watching movies

Last edited:
You can check out this laptop. It has R5 5600H, 16GB(8x2) ram, 512GB storage, and RX6500M
Although it's display is only 60Hz.

The performance of 6500m is slightly better than 45W RTX 3050 in most games, in some games it is less.

This is a good one. I'm partial to nvidia gpus because of the acceleration cuda provides for model training but that's not a priority and this looks good for all other use cases

Ok, 120Hz vs 144Hz panel on Victus doesn't matter. Both have high response time (like 15ms) 65% sRGB panels. Even with true 120Hz or 144Hz panel, the difference isn't huge to be worth considering, heck I'll anyday pick a gsync 100% sRGB 120Hz panel over a non-gsync 65% sRGB 240Hz panel (assuming same response times). Just get the 6500M laptop, it outperforms 1650 but is inferior to 80W 3050.

Ok, 120Hz vs 144Hz panel on Victus doesn't matter. Both have high response time (like 15ms) 65% sRGB panels. Even with true 120Hz or 144Hz panel, the difference isn't huge to be worth considering, heck I'll anyday pick a gsync 100% sRGB 120Hz panel over a non-gsync 65% sRGB 240Hz panel (assuming same response times). Just get the 6500M laptop, it outperforms 1650 but is inferior to 80W 3050.
Think I'll wait and see if the 3050 laptop drops in price in any upcoming sales to around my 50k price point

Think I'll wait and see if the 3050 laptop drops in price in any upcoming sales to around my 50k price point
Yeah, if you can get that one, it would be the best deal. Also, make sure to check first, what is the config of the ram. Some newer Victus laptop with 8GB ram have, 2 sticks of 4GB ram, so you might need to buy 2 ram sticks to upgrade to 16GB.

Yeah, if you can get that one, it would be the best deal. Also, make sure to check first, what is the config of the ram. Some newer Victus laptop with 8GB ram have, 2 sticks of 4GB ram, so you might need to buy 2 ram sticks to upgrade to 16GB.
Didn't realise that was an 8 gb variant, how much extra effort is it to self upgrade a laptop's Ram?

They might drop to 55k or so in May, wait if you can.

Relatively easy IMO but your call, just watch some videos & judge yourself.
Upgrading RAM probably voids the warranty, right? I think I'd prefer getting a laptop with 16 GB already in it or at least one with RAM upgrade service by company themselves

Upgrading RAM probably voids the warranty, right? I think I'd prefer getting a laptop with 16 GB already in it or at least one with RAM upgrade service by company themselves
No, for most companies. MSI & Acer puts a sticker over the screw that says warranty void if removed.

Back