Budget Neckband Suggestion for Media

kartikoli

Skilled
My old trusted Oppo M31 died today so I am looking for a replacement. I want them for watching movies, Listening to Youtube music while working on PC, Playing Games and taking occasional calls on Phone (My usage on phone is minimal for calls though I use it for watching small clips). Budget around 2k but would like comfort to ears as my PC sessions can go for hours.
I don't mind spending more for a good product so please share your valuable thoughts.

Because you say this here is my suggestion - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09GWD8WHX
Lol bro the range can be extended to 2.5k or max 3k but what you suggested doesn't qualify a budget neckband.
This looks like a neck massager...

@kartikoli Oneplus Z series and Realme buds 2 in that price range...But I doubt about sound quality. They are not as good as M31, as per feedback from frnds.
Yeah watched a comparison video between Oneplus Z2, Bolt 333 ANC and Oppo M32 but the price range have changed when the video was originally made also there are so little difference between them so its hard to decide.
Personally I don't like M32 design because you won't be able to use Left speaker in right ear because I use only single speaker while working and keep my other ear open also the fact when one of the speaker malfunction we can still use other speaker for sometime (My M31 left speaker was faulty for almost 5 months and I could use the other one because of my use case)

I was a big big fan of Oppo M31. When it died, I switched to TWS. But the days of neck bands is coming to an end. M32 does not have the same quality as M31.

Extend your budget a bit and go for Nothing Ear 1. This is one of the most comfortable TWS and it has pretty good audio quality. You can also check LG Tone FP5 if ANC is not a priority.

I was a big big fan of Oppo M31. When it died, I switched to TWS. But the days of neck bands is coming to an end. M32 does not have the same quality as M31.
I searched many oppo stores a lot to see if they have M31 left somewhere but didn't find any. Not sure why they discontinued.

Extend your budget a bit and go for Nothing Ear 1. This is one of the most comfortable TWS and it has pretty good audio quality. You can also check LG Tone FP5 if ANC is not a priority.

For that price, why not Samsung buds 2? Someone said in one of the threads that during sale time it came for 5-6k.

I am not a fan of TWS, my brother lost one of the speaker while traveling where as thats not the case with neckband and they don't fall that easily either. I am a casual user and don't mind missing a beat or too but standard was set by M31 so I can live with same or slightly less quality but not a lot. Also don't want to go above 3k, I remember reading here about detachable earbuds but don't remember them (My M31 works but you have to adjust the wires to make a connection)

Using Boat Rockers 255 Pro Plus for more than a year.
Using mostly for music, video listening not for phone calls.
-Awesome battery life. Just goes on and on.
-Good sound quality.
-Nice fit, comfortable.
-Type C fast charging
-Dual pairing
-IPX7 rating

A very good product at Rs 1399

Using Boat Rockers 255 Pro Plus for more than a year.
Using mostly for music, video listening not for phone calls.
-Awesome battery life. Just goes on and on.
-Good sound quality.
-Nice fit, comfortable.
-Type C fast charging
-Dual pairing
-IPX7 rating

A very good product at Rs 1399

If you heard audip om M31, you would not recommend boats and ships.
I searched many oppo stores a lot to see if they have M31 left somewhere but didn't find any. Not sure why they discontinued.

For that price, why not Samsung buds 2? Someone said in one of the threads that during sale time it came for 5-6k.
I think NE1 drops under 5k during sale. Suggested NE1 for its comfort. Never tried Samsung buds 2 so cannot comment. Samsung Buds Pro 2 though have amazing audio quality.
I am not a fan of TWS, my brother lost one of the speaker while traveling where as thats not the case with neckband and they don't fall that easily either. I am a casual user and don't mind missing a beat or too but standard was set by M31 so I can live with same or slightly less quality but not a lot. Also don't want to go above 3k, I remember reading here about detachable earbuds but don't remember them (My M31 works but you have to adjust the wires to make a connection)
If you want to roll the dice, check Edifier W200BT

Last edited:
My M31 died recently too, so looking for pretty much same as OP. The only thing is I need a neckband that has more or less same form factor as M31 as I'll be using it while I have my helmet on. Would really appreciate if someone suggests a neckband that doesn't project out from ears.

Sorry @OP for slightly deviating the topic :)

My M31 died recently too, so looking for pretty much same as OP. The only thing is I need a neckband that has more or less same form factor as M31 as I'll be using it while I have my helmet on. Would really appreciate if someone suggests a neckband that doesn't project out from ears.

Sorry @OP for slightly deviating the topic :)
No worries man, We are all in same boat. I just ordered OP Z2 after considering several views and user experiences for comfort. Its available for 1699 right now but it will go back to 1999 soon https://www.amazon.in/Oneplus-Bluetooth-Wireless-Earphones-Bombastic/dp/B0B3MNYGTW

Is there any good neckband with good battery backup (24 hrs or more)? But not in-ear type, I want earbuds (classic on-ear) type.
Something like JBL 215BT but better build quality and battery?

I can't stand wearing In-ear for more than 30 mins as it's irritating to my ears.

EDIT: bought this for now https://www.amazon.in/Portronics-Harmonics-Wireless-Bluetooth-Playtime/dp/B0BVZVMK6V but still interested in other options in the range of 1-2K. I know it's rare to find in-earbuds type.

Last edited:
Realme has many complaints. Fit is a serious issue with every TWS and it varies per individual's ears.

the 2 main options are, OnePlus Z and Oppo M32.

Back