Budget 35-52k: Sony CB45 or not (Asus K53SM-SX010D)? Owners please help.

@randomuser111 Thanks a lot for confirming that! Now I won't regret after buying the CB45 ;). Thanks again for that. And since you clearly have a valid source from Sony, they should make you the Sony rep here :p.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

So guys who want to buy a full HD laptop for less than 55k, quickly go for the Sony Vaio CB45 (53k) still stocks last! The next higher option is as high as 69k as of now, the Asus N55SL.

Last edited by a moderator:
So guys who want to buy a full HD laptop for less than 55k, quickly go for the Sony Vaio CB45 (53k) still stocks last! The next higher option is as high as 69k as of now, the Asus N55SL.

Even N55SL is "approx" discontinued, replaced by N56VZ, going to launch in India in some days. I'm just drooling over it, 650M :scared14:

Scary! Even the price will be :) However, the price might go down soon, as was the case with the N55SL. A gaming monster in the pipeline. But for people with heavy pockets

I feel it will be about 80k at first due to IB procy and the GPU but should go down as a few months pass. If priced at anything in the early 70s, it will be a heck of a steal deal.

@JuGGa Asus has launched a new one in India by the name N56VM. IB i7 + which kepler I'm not sure (should be 640m at least). Price 85+ (90k according to the press report) :). Great hardware unfortunately cost a lot.

BTW, bought the CB45 today. Total damage: 52.9 + 2.5 (ext warranty) i.e. 55.4k. Got misc freebies worth about 600. Loving the screen :yahoo:
They brought the piece from their godown. No new supply coming. Hence the story lasts for others till the remaining stocks last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats mate you got a good deal :) (not better than me though :bleh:)
I hope you fully enjoy it.
Btw IIRC official price of N55SF was also 80k, not sure though. Nevermind it will come down to 60's in a matter of time.

You're right. N55SL MRP is still 81.99k but can be had for 69k. The N56 will be abt 85-86k but that will come down to the late 70s. Comp hw depreciate fast. For now, our Vaio is the full HD champ in a budget.

I went to chroma today and checked out cb45. No mouse pointer issues. It looked fine.

Looking to buy it soon enough. Let's hope stocks last.

Price at Chroma is 55k though.

Croma must be quoting (and selling) at MRP then. Regarding the touchpad, I find it not as sensitive as my older laptop. I wish it were a bit more sensitive. There a CB35 demo piece at the store. I felt that the touchpad in that was smoother (not sure as I did not compare both at the same time). This very minor grudge did not at all become a deal-breaker however. Won't be for anyone else.

Back