BSNL 3G Thread

bigbyte said:
@revolution .. Why don't you purchase a Vodafone 3g modem from Vodafone stor for Rs.1800/-. It's a ZTE make 7.2mbps quad band 2g triband 3g modem. You can unlock it either by downloading some software off internet or some shopkeeper will do it locally for a fee.
I already asked voda before at their mini store.

They will not sell any modem with out any postpaid plan like rim.....:mad:

archat68 said:
Members from Bangalore pls inquire about this modem (brand / warranty etc):

Wireless 3G Router, Wireless Storage Router, Wireless Broadband Router, Wireless Router, 3G Store

The price is very good @1499 for a 7.2MBPs one.

Checked out specs

The downside is upload is limited to 384 kbps only

Explains the low pricing coz standard 7.2 mbps modems support 2mbps speeds

Not that I mind

Don't use torrents at all

If you need this modem in Kol

I can get it in Kol by Wednesday let moa know asap

Everyone try to send an sms " DATA 3G " (without quotes) to 53733, this is for checking the remaining data balance and is working for some users.

babhishek said:
AFAIK vodafone modem
doesnt cost 1800
The exact price in Mumbai is 1799/- with 1 month of free download on 2g. It's a prepaid plan.

is not Zte
does not support 7.2mbps
It is ZTE K3570-z, personally seen this model. Specs can be found on internet.

is locked with further hassles of unlocking/bricking

I already said that, but unlocking software for this particualr model is available for free on internet.

I might be wrong though...

:)
Yup you are, for most of the points.

red dragon said:
The modem I bought is ZTE MF190,it is the same modem marketed by bsnl as beetel.The name of the shop is Symphony,it is in Jadavpur station road.With mac it was heating up a lot,the dialer provided by reliance is probably not optimized.
Can you get the modem (2-3 pcs) from the dealer for 1.7K? We a few Kolkata TE members are interested. babhishek inquired with the dealer today - but he quoted him 2599/-.

@haider - Personally recommend getting a new sim

:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bigbyte said:
The exact price in Mumbai is 1799/- with 1 month of free download on 2g. It's a prepaid plan.

in Kolkata its 1600.

no need to buy a sim -you can buy just the modem. I have..

It is ZTE K3570-z, personally seen this model. Specs can be found on internet.

yes it is they have changed from Huawei to ZTE.

the MAX speed is 3.6 and NOT 7.2 , so its incorrect to say its 7.2

I already said that, but unlocking software for this particualr model is available for free on internet.

Still a hassle - and things can and do go wrong. Zte is tougher to unlock.
Yup you are, for most of the points.

and so you think..... :)

^ It disconnects.(you hit connect button in mobile partner... it shows connected and disconnects withing few seconds) The lan/connection icon turns red cross and the dialup dialog pops up and if on auto dial it just keeps dialing again and again.

Dont know if the situation has stabilised or not but I switched to adsl for the time being.

I faced disconnection problems, this noon. But it sorted out after couple of hours. It was (I am from Andhra Pradesh)

Btw, just asking out of curiosity.. why are people still discussing in this thread! The offer came and has gone :D

vamsi_krishna said:
I faced disconnection problems, this noon. But it sorted out after couple of hours. It was (I am from Andhra Pradesh)
Btw, just asking out of curiosity.. why are people still discussing in this thread! The offer came and has gone :D
The Offer have ended but still people are enjoying Unlimited 4200 :bleh::D

Hi guys, I am having this problem could you help me please?

I've just bought the USB DATA card HUAWEI E122 and have been using it for about one month. Recently I have been facing this problem ; It disconnected very oftenly and its features are that the internet connection is not running suddenly then after not running about one minute it is disconnected. Sometimes I can connect it but most of the times can not so I have to wait for one hour or more than to connect it again. If I can connect it but after sometimes the problem occurs again.

So ... what shall I do now? Please anyone kindly suggest me

Thanks so much

bslnproblem.jpg

bslnproblem2.jpg

Back