Android Broke Nexus 4's display. How much does screen replacement cost?

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
My nexus 4 suffered a dreadful 20 feet fall, and its digitizer is shattered. The display seems to be alright.

Does anyone know the cost of an original replacement screen for Nexus 4?

Thankfully the rear glass is completely intact.

-Mohit

Last edited:
Got it replaced at an LG Service Center in Hyd for Rs. 4800 (LCD + Labor cost). (US purchased Nexus 4 so had no Indian Warranty)

If your lcd is fine no need to sell out 5k for whole unit...
Just go into any reputed repairing shop and they will change it digitizer for max 1500..

I got mine replaced for 5125 all inclusive from the LG service center, took an hour to replace.

I tried to get the digitizer replaced before since my screen was intact, but shops didnt have the digitizer and it is a hassle to separate the digitizer from the lcd(since it is glued), the lcd can break if not done properly.

If your lcd is fine no need to sell out 5k for whole unit...
Just go into any reputed repairing shop and they will change it digitizer for max 1500..

The digitizer & LCD are fused you need to replace the whole front panel of the phone.

Sorry I might be digging a very old post.

But my nexus 4 screen is not responding at few places. Screen is not cracked. It seems 100% fine. But touch problem.

When I approached service centre they are saying display needs to be replaced and it costs around 8300 INR.

Just wanted help from you whether it is worth the amount which I am spending?? Or I have to ask for replacement of specific parts which costs me less?

Sorry I might be digging a very old post.

But my nexus 4 screen is not responding at few places. Screen is not cracked. It seems 100% fine. But touch problem.

When I approached service centre they are saying display needs to be replaced and it costs around 8300 INR.

Just wanted help from you whether it is worth the amount which I am spending?? Or I have to ask for replacement of specific parts which costs me less?
Got one replaced more then a year ago price that time was 4.8k. Spending 8k on nexus 4 is not worth u can buy a used one for 5/6k or buy the display from Ali/eBay.com they are cheep there.

I had same problem year ago replaced screen for around 5k. But rethink your decision. How much more time are going to spend on phone.

Back