Brazilian GP - FINALE !!

Ck Nish said:
Yeah! Only first place positions should be awarded points. Everyone else can go **** themselves, so that everyone else gives up and McLaren and Ferrari end up being the only two teams in F1.

HA! now that makes you Ferrari hater and nothing more :p

I hope you knew the old points system. And my post said there should be considerable bonus for the winner. Points difference between 1st place and 2nd place driver should be more than 2 points. in F1, the difference between 1st and 2nd is same as 2nd and 3rd and so on.

The difference between 1st and 2nd place should be atleast 3 points.

Its like this in all popular motor sports including MotoGP which is more popular now than F1.

abhisheksahas said:
Just another cynical ferrari tifosi.

Well obviously, i said it before as well, I am not Kimi fan, not massa fan but Ferrari fan when it comes to F1. Its no secret :bleh:

6-5-4-3-2-1 meant that you could win the championship even by coming 4th in a lot of races.

10-8-etc means that there is a bit more emphasis on winning.

Only rewarding winners could be disastrous for championships, as constructors generally develop the cars over the season, and this would mean that someone could mathematically sew up the season long before it was over. Granted, MS did that even in the old 6-point days, sealing a season in the first 8 races, but they don't make 'em like that anymore.

But with lamers who can't win championships unless a car in front gives up the ghost, the current rules surely sound great. Honestly, it's this points system that has given us two exciting seasons that went down to the last race.

Disappointed as I am that Felipe didn't win the championship, I wouldn't trade the season in for anything else. We saw a bunch of winners we never expected, a character-building season from the crybaby (which title has a new, deserved recipient, never mind he's the F1 champion), a see-saw between the title contenders, and a season finale better than any action thriller (at least, over the last four laps).

I can't remember who said it, but the winner of this year's championship was not the one who won it, but the one who ended up with it. The red garage is still the first in the pits, so it's no problem. I wouldn't actually mind seeing 2009 being the year of the underdog - Torro Rosso? Renault? BMW? Can we have someone else really fight for the championships?

As for Steve Slater - he needs to cool down a bit. He sounds like he's falling off the edge of the seat, all the time. Makes me want to throw the remote at the screen. I usually mute the volume so I don't listen to him. Karun was better, but the volume was muted anyway.

Shripad said:
HA! now that makes you Ferrari hater and nothing more :p

I hope you knew the old points system. And my post said there should be considerable bonus for the winner. Points difference between 1st place and 2nd place driver should be more than 2 points. in F1, the difference between 1st and 2nd is same as 2nd and 3rd and so on.

Its like this in all popular motor sports including MotoGP which is more popular now than F1.

Well obviously, i said it before as well, I am not Kimi fan, not massa fan but Ferrari fan when it comes to F1. Its no secret :bleh:

+1 to that
moto gp has 25points to the winner AFAIK with 20 to 2nd and so on.... so more drivers lower down in the finishing positions get points and it becomes more interesting

AND THE BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX IS GO AS THE SAFETY CAR PULLS OUT.. A VERY GOOD START BY MASSA...

I am sorry it is the replay...

:rofl:

imax said:
Really felt bad for Massa, a great race, but a unfortunate result, this sums it up -

Well, at least Mclaren got their moneys worth. Ferrari inspite of paying Kubica to screw up Hamilton's race failed to accomplish the desired effect.

Shripad said:

After this season and the last one - the way the driver's championship played all the way down to the last race, I'm actually convinced that it should remain this way. Heck, they could cut the difference to one point(10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) and It'd only make me happier. In the end, I only want a good race and a toughly fought championship. Who wins or who deserves to win is of little importance to me. Something you fanboys would never be able to fathom.

Renegade said:
AND THE BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX IS GO AS THE SAFETY CAR PULLS OUT.. A VERY GOOD START BY MASSA...

I am sorry it is the replay...

:rofl:
rofl yea that was something :rofl:

Something that stood out this season was S.Vettel, he is a great find and in a Ferrari / Mercedes could be a great driver (who expected a Torro Rosso to be winning a race). I will surely be following him from now.

The point system although makes it go down till the last race, does feel weird when we see a person with less wins in a season winning the championship.

@ Nish : Kubica was trying to unlap himself, and there's nothing wrong with that, however Glock seemed to have slowed down, however later as I came to know that he was on dry tires, I could understand.

i_max2k2 said:
Something that stood out this season was S.Vettel, he is a great find and in a Ferrari / Mercedes could be a great driver (who expected a Torro Rosso to be winning a race). I will surely be following him from now.

The point system although makes it go down till the last race, does feel weird when we see a person with less wins in a season winning the championship.

@ Nish : Kubica was trying to unlap himself, and there's nothing wrong with that, however Glock seemed to have slowed down, however later as I came to know that he was on dry tires, I could understand.

couldn't agree more Kubica was trying to unlap himself and as far as glock is concerned his tyres gave up. People who thinks that glock let lewis pass shud have their head's checked.Matter of fact toyota reduced lewis chances of winning the title by keeping glock on the track.
Lets hope kimi wins the WDC next year.

British ITV and BBC are going ga ga with adulation for their home hero Hamilton... even Gordon Brown appeared on TV for a few seconds for some on air lovin'

Back