Brazilian GP - FINALE !!

Ck Nish said:
There was hardly a race that could be called boring this entire season.

How about Valencia and Shanghai for starters? :bleh:

I also agree with Shripad that more race wins should automatically guarantee the championship but since its the same for everyone out there and rules weren't made at the last moment, I have no complains. FIA should overhaul the current points system though...bring back the old one like 10-6-4-3-2-1

abhisheksahas said:
C'mon dont be a cry baby and talk crap ... the rules are same for everybody ...

I never said the rules should be different for different people :/
You dont disimiss people's opinion as crap if you dont like them. All I was saying was that the current points system sucks, on reasoning similar to what Funky posted. It's not flexible and got no variety.
They can award points for fastest laps and pole positions, so that in a situation like today's race, the guy chasing can do more than just pray for the guy to crash out.
You might argue this might have worked in anybody's favour, considering the last 17 races, but all I'm saying is the current points system is rubbish.

abhisheksahas said:
And what makes you believe that ??

what makes you say that hamdumbton deserves it more :mad: ??

Knocking off other drivers in important races (kimi in canada) or winning because of stupid (or corrupt) people like glock.

Hamfckton has been involved in a lot of stupid accidents , controversies also.

Clearly Massa is the more deserving driver.

tifosi said:
I never said the rules should be different for different people :/
You dont disimiss people's opinion as crap if you dont like them. All I was saying was that the current points system sucks, on reasoning similar to what Funky posted. It's not flexible and got no variety.
They can award points for fastest laps and pole positions, so that in a situation like today's race, the guy chasing can do more than just pray for the guy to crash out.
You might argue this might have worked in anybody's favour, considering the last 17 races, but all I'm saying is the current points system is rubbish.

I wouldn't dismiss this crap on any other day.
I would give it a thought too, but isn't it cynical to point it on the day Massa loses by one point, else would you have got this point in today ?

Audi0slave said:
what makes you say that hamdumbton deserves it more :mad: ??

Knocking off other drivers in important races (kimi in canada) or winning because of stupid (or corrupt) people like glock.
Didn't Massa knock Hamilton off in Hungary?

Yes. Let's start giving away championships based on the driver's integrity. That way, social and humanitarian workers can win the championship just by entering.

Sadly nobody is talking about Ferrari's reliability(car/mechanics/Kimi/Massa in the first half).

Lewis learnt it the hard way last year for being inconsistent in the last leg of the 2007.

And dont even give me lecture on consistency. This sport is all about cutting edge and speed. Almost all other motorsports give significantly more point to person winning than the one who finish 2nd.

Formula1 is not just about cutting edge and speed it also about consistency.

Ferrari has clearly been the most inconsistent team of the year and in no sport is the most inconsistent team rewarded the Championship.

Audi0slave said:
The list would be too long for hamsuxton's mistakes.

And ppllz dont tell me that you count aggressive driving as a mistake. Today we had a toyota push the red bull off the track its fair .. this is racing and these drivers are paid to hold / snatch positions not to be Mr Good Guy on the track. Micheal Schumacher was a aggressive driver .. never gave an inch .. same with Fernando .. the same with Lewis .. what is wrong in holding your postion / snatching a better on ?
Please go ahead with your list I want to know that too.

Yeah! The fact that McLaren actually surpassed them at one point and that too with a relatively poor show by Heiki just goes to show how shitty Ferrari were this season.

GLOCK:mad:
wtf happened to him, or his toyota!!?!?!
before the start of the race, it was clear hamilton had a better chance of winning the drivers title, but the way massa lost was quite heart breaking
starting from the pole and winning the race, still couldn't win the title, lewis was driving just for his title, not for the constructors, selfish:bleh:

anyway, hope next year, kimi and alonso show hamilton his true place!

Really sucks that Hamilton won BECAUSE OF GLOCK :(

And in the heat of the moment it certainly looked like Glock purposely allowed Hamilton to pass him. But since he was on slicks and fighting to keep the car on track, he could do nothing.

Also, consider that after Hamilton almost forced Glock off the track in the race that had quite a few drivers open up against Hamilton for the first time, there's no way Glock would willingly move over for Hamilton.

For those saying Kubica did a crazy thing by unlapping himself, WHY? Hamilton did the same a few races ago when he unlapped himself like a madman from behind Alonso. And now that someone did the same to their beloved Hamilton, it's a crime? :mad:

Really felt bad for Massa, a great race, but a unfortunate result, this sums it up -

1386821hamiltonf1891042hv3.gif

Timo Glock Speaks about the last lap

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed."

"It's the end of my first season with Toyota and I'm happy with it as a whole. It was not easy for me early on but we improved the car a lot and I also improved myself during the year. Since Hockenheim it's been positive for me; beating my target of 20 points and finishing on the podium as well is a good achievement. Now we have to work even harder for next year to make another step forward."

well, now that ive cooled down a bit, stats prove that it wasnt glocks fault. he was on dry weather tyres and hence he put in a lap of 1.44. similar to the only other driver on drys (trulli i think).

On a side note, I felt Karun Chandok's commentary was far more sensible than Steve "SpitOntheMic" Slater's. :eek:hyeah:

He might make a decent career out of it if he fails to make it to the grid :p

tifosi said:
On a side note, I felt Karun Chandok's commentary was far more sensible than Steve "SpitOntheMic" Slater's. :eek:hyeah:
He might make a decent career out of it if he fails to make it to the grid :p

+1 yep he does good commentary,doesnt talk rubish like steve slater.

Back