iamrahul

Disciple
hi,

i built a rig for my friend yesterday with the following config:

AMD X2 6000
ASUS M2N E
2GB DDR2 667 TRANSCEND
120 GB IDE SEAGATE

BUT COMPARED TO OTHER REVIEWS my setup is taking pretty long to boot up ( 10 movements of the blue bar at microsoft logo during windows start up )

should i have chosen ddr2 800?:huh:

Hmm... I'm not really an expert at it considerin the TE members ove here..

But still..

Go to Start>run>msconfig>startup..

Unchek the unwanted entries....

Disable a few services @ Start>run>services.msc...

Caution: Its better to note down wat n all u're disablin; jus in case somethings go bad, u may revert bak n enable them.. eg: some online services.

gannu_rox said:
Tweak ur bootin sessions...

Shudn take too long...

Please enlighten us with the tweaks that you were suggesting....he is not saying booting to desktop but he kinda gets stuck while the windows bar is scrolling...i wont know any tweaks...but still try removing any usb device from your computer, remove any cd/dvd that you may have in the drives and then try....

gannu_rox said:
Hmm... I'm not really an expert at it considerin the TE members ove here..

But still..

Go to Start>run>msconfig>startup..

Unchek the unwanted entries....

Disable a few services @ Start>run>services.msc...

Caution: Its better to note down wat n all u're disablin; jus in case somethings go bad, u may revert bak n enable them.. eg: some online services.

though i am not sure whether removing startup items will help or not...but if you do try and follow the above steps then no need to remove unwanted items...simply select 'diagnostic startup'(though this might take more time to boot to desktop but wont effect your windows load time) and then try.

Back