Best UL plans : Pune ...

Hello guys ,
currently I have TataIndicom 256 kbps UL connection , and paying close to 750Rs each month... I get speeds around 22-25 kBps ...

Now I want to switch to faster connection ... Downloading is main criteria...

I heard Airtel is best , then comes BSNL ...

I am willing to pay around 1k ...

abhifusion said:
Hello guys ,
currently I have TataIndicom 256 kbps UL connection , and paying close to 750Rs each month... I get speeds around 22-25 kBps ...

Now I want to switch to faster connection ... Downloading is main criteria...

I heard Airtel is best , then comes BSNL ...

I am willing to pay around 1k ...

Well go for Airtel Rs.1099 plan then. You can get a 384 kbps UL (100 GB limit) and 1 mbps during night 10-6.

nash8789 said:
u mite want to look at YOU broadband ...works out to 550 per month for 256 kbps in day and 512 at night all unlimited

You Tele is not available in all places. Check the TATA Indicom upto 2mbps plan. Activate the NU plan and surf from 9-9 without any limits. The math is with 256 kbps you can download ~ 75GB if its kept ON 24/7. With NU 2mbps 9-9; no FUP; you can download~ 7-8 GB per night and your comp will get rest too during the day. I got this plan coz I am at office during the day and at home only at night. Decide according to your convenience.

djmykey said:
You Tele is not available in all places. Check the TATA Indicom upto 2mbps plan. Activate the NU plan and surf from 9-9 without any limits. The math is with 256 kbps you can download ~ 75GB if its kept ON 24/7. With NU 2mbps 9-9; no FUP; you can download~ 7-8 GB per night and your comp will get rest too during the day. I got this plan coz I am at office during the day and at home only at night. Decide according to your convenience.

this seems good too !
but mostly i use net in the evening tym ... and during day on holidays...

can you tell price of the plan u have??

just saw Tataindicom's Flash & Power flash plans ...

Flash 384 : 1.5 Mbps(10pm-8am) 384 Kbps(day) Rs 1,200

Power Flash 256: 1.5 Mbps(10pm-8am) 256 Kbps(day) Rs 1,275 + 1 static ip

which is better of two ??
whats use of static ip ?

abhifusion said:
can you tell price of the plan u have??

Rs 3650/- for 6 months and 299/- will be deducted from the balance per month for NU.

abhifusion said:
just saw Tataindicom's Flash & Power flash plans ...

Even I like those plans but as I said before Im not at home during the day time so I did not get those plans.

abhifusion said:
whats use of static ip ?

For a home user, nothing much unless you plan to access your home machine from some place away.

I have the Reliance Wimax Flat Free 400kbps plan which is 1.1k per month and no FUP.

The download speeds are 45-50kbps and absolutely zero downtime since the last six months.

The customer support is also really good.

@ abhifusion - if ur downloading frm torrents u'll not get the speed and ur utorrent will always have a red symbol wit ports blocked..

i am using tata wimax infinity384 (wit this same problem) and i have been advised in other forums that i shud take the static IP to download properly from torrents and get the desired speed.

djmykey said:
Rs 3650/- for 6 months and 299/- will be deducted from the balance per month for NU.

Even I like those plans but as I said before Im not at home during the day time so I did not get those plans.

For a home user, nothing much unless you plan to access your home machine from some place away.
I use internet in daytime quite frequently , so NU plan might not work for me ...

amitn18 said:
I have the Reliance Wimax Flat Free 400kbps plan which is 1.1k per month and no FUP.
The download speeds are 45-50kbps and absolutely zero downtime since the last six months.
The customer support is also really good.

I am doubtful about availability of wimax tower near my area... cellphone hardly catches range in my house :bleh:

devilsmind said:
@ abhifusion - if ur downloading frm torrents u'll not get the speed and ur utorrent will always have a red symbol wit ports blocked..
i am using tata wimax infinity384 (wit this same problem) and i have been advised in other forums that i shud take the static IP to download properly from torrents and get the desired speed.

currently , i have done port forwarding , so the is no prob right now... but i dont know whether my current connection hv static i/p or not :huh:

I am keen on keeping same operator because this might save me 1000 Rs installation charges if I switch to any other operator... :)

djmykey said:

can u elaborate a little more..like plan name, installation charges etc..and downtime..
i m also planning on changing the bsnl 500 plan... fkd up service of bsnl is driving me crazy :mad:

Back