Storage Solutions Best solution to store digital photos

amohit

Disciple
Hi,

I just realized, that I have got over 10gb of digital photograps on my laptop (and no backup of them!)

Initially thought of uploading them online, but uploading 10 GBs is going to take ages.

So, was wondering, what possibly is the best way to store digital photos for a time period of say 50 years?
Thanks,
Mohit

amohit said:
Hi,

I just realized, that I have got over 10gb of digital photograps on my laptop (and no backup of them!)

Initially thought of uploading them online, but uploading 10 GBs is going to take ages.

So, was wondering, what possibly is the best way to store digital photos for a time period of say 50 years?

Thanks,

Mohit

3 DVDs + 16GB pen drive dual backup will do just fine. Never rely on one copy. Dvds might claim to have life of 100 years, but they can't be trusted completely.

Pen drive will give you quick and easy access as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk.

Storing it online is one of the safest ways indeed. Have a couple of backups on dual-layer dvds and keep them safe.

Additionally, store them on a couple of Gmail accounts. :p

Shripad said:
3 DVDs + 16GB pen drive dual backup will do just fine. Never rely on one copy. Dvds might claim to have life of 100 years, but they can't be trusted completely.

Pen drive will give you quick and easy access as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk.
pendrives idea is awesome. plus more compact too.

There is no "holy grail" when it comes to backup ... so always take backup of backup of backup !!

yeah sounds funny but its true my friend .. had I been as careful as you i wudnt have cried today :( ... have lost 40 GB of photos ... not to mention beating from wifey :(

my HDD crashed and no matter what i did .. cudnt recover ...

So act fast and take backup of backup ....

ideal wud be DVD(2 copies, of differrent make, jewelled case is preferred) + flash memory (USB memory) + online backup ...

rgds,

som

Thanks guys. Will take DVD backup tonight itself. And start on with the online backup thing. Flash backup will have to wait for next SP road visit.

Regards,

Mohit

Back