Budget 20-25K Best smartphone if i plan to sell it off in a year

justmat

Disciple
Sep 26, 2012
So I am all excited for the Galaxy S6 but i can't think of buying it until the prices come down to ~30k.
I have been using an i9000 Galaxy S for 4 years now and I can't stand it anymore.(except for music with its wolfson chipset, ofcourse) So what I am looking for is something around 20k that could, in a year, be disposed without much of a loss. Now, with the S5 available for 25k (it even came down as low as 23.5k at a point) why exactly are people so excited about OPO and Mi4? Is it bcoz of the lack of S801 in Indian S5? With S5 you even have Lollipop official update. Again I am not sure how superior or inferior is the Exynos version we are left with. Maybe better Antutu score for Exynos but I read somewhere S801 version performs noticeably better when it comes to gaming.
Between S5,Mi4 and OPO which one, do you think, would have a better re-sale vale? Feel free to drop in any other suggestions.
I am not sure if any of the non-imported Xperias are priced sensibly.
Then, with that upcoming Flipkart offer, I am guessing the 2nd gen Moto X cud be had for around 25000 (by selling off the deck speaker for 5,000). I am hoping the assured Google support adds value to this set.

Like I mentioned in the title I plan to move to S6 the moment its price drops (maybe a 35k) and I am hoping that wud happen in 6-8 months. So I haven't created any template because the features don't really matter but I don't want to go with a cheaper phone, either. And I think a better resale value equates to better performance in one way or another.

Last edited:

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Why don't you get a S4 then? Not too much of a difference compared to S5 and has official Lollipop support.
You can get it for ~18k with original flip cover and should be able to sell it for for ~12k-13k after 6-8 months.

Reactions: justmat

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
For resale value, nothing beats the fruit company. I hate their products but there is no denying that their products have the highest demand in the used market.

sid1712

Cookies, mmm...
Adept
Apr 11, 2007
Gurgaon
Avoid Exynos S5 please. The phone has one of the best displays i have seen, has very fast storage speeds, brilliant and fast camera, water proof and has a decent battery life but by god does it lag more than an 80 year old woman with arthritis on Lollipop (battery life has gone down to ~ 3.5-4 hours Screen on Time).

I haven't been more irritated with that phone since i purchased the god-awful Optimus 2X.
If i were you then i'd probably buy the LG G2 for ~ 15-16k. That phone is incredible value for money