Best place to take Blazer/Formal coats - Bangalore ??

Praks

Skilled
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me which is the best & "Cheap" place to take good quality Full Blazer & Formal coats in Bangalore ?

Not much aware of Men's fashion in corporate world. It is purely for wearing in office, no marriage functions.

Is it good to take only formal coats & wear regular shirts & pants with it, (Without Tie)
OR
Is it advisable to take Full Blazer suite ? Is it good to take ready made or stitch it ?

Few of the shops I found are - P N Rao & Brands Factory

Can any students from MBA world or corporate world who wears it can advice ?

Suits stitched are better compared to ready made. Ask anyone who loves wearing suits and they will tell you the same.

These are the good brands incase you are looking to buy ready made suits:

1) Park Avenue

2) Van Heusen

3) Blackberry

4) Allen Solly

5) Reid & Taylor

You can always get suits stitched since it might work out cheaper. A full suit needs 3m cloth

I personally prefer Park Avenue over other brands and their starting range for full suit is 8-8.5k i think. You can check out Brigade Road, there are plenty of show rooms there.

Marks N Spencer at Garuda Mall has suits too which are not that expensive and you can just buy the blazer separately too.

I personally prefer buying a full suit consisting of Formal Pants and Blazer. I match shirt and tie according to my needs. I usually dress in Full Black Suit with White shirt and Black Tie.

n00b Q - Is Suite & Blazed you said are same thing ?

Thank you for your view. It was very helpful.

I will go ahead with stitching as you suggested, As I have seen people wearing ready made suites with length coming till knee :) It looks real funny.

Brigade Road - would be costliest place to purchase :(,

8k would be costly deal, as looking for 4-5, 40k for suites will be too bad to pay :)

Any other cheap location ?

8k would be costly deal, as looking for 4-5, 40k for suites will be too bad to pay

Go to the Van Heusen Store in Forum/Garuda Mall. They have quite good office Blazers within 5k range :)...if you want matching trousers with the blazer count for another 2k :p

If u want quality than just walk into any raymond shop and get your suit stiched... Always get the 2 button suits as they look more professional and never even by mistake go in for the 3 button suit they are way too old fashioned.

Wow, 3 recommendations for Raymond.. Would surely checkout their shops.

@lida

Thank you for that tip, Will keep that in mind.

Please suggest standard colors which are good in corporates ? Mostly its black or dark blue. Right ?

Is it good to take just coat of blazer & take shirts/pants from somewhere OR take complete (coat,tie,shirt & pant) from Raymond ?

The basic colors are Black, Grey (Dark/Light depending on preference) and dark blue (Not the royal/light blue they make u look like some sort of sohisticated peon). If u have meeting on Sundays go for the white/cream jackets teamed with light colored pants and shirts.

It does not matter if u buy everythin from one place or no. U can buy the suit/blazer from one place and the remaining from the rest.

One piece of advice if u goin to wear formal than buy suit and dont buy the jackets and pants seprately cause if there is a slight color match than u will look really bad...

Praks said:
n00b Q - Is Suite & Blazed you said are same thing ?

Thank you for your view. It was very helpful.

I will go ahead with stitching as you suggested, As I have seen people wearing ready made suites with length coming till knee :) It looks real funny.

Brigade Road - would be costliest place to purchase :(,

8k would be costly deal, as looking for 4-5, 40k for suites will be too bad to pay :)

Any other cheap location ?

actually suit cloth is thin and is always worn with matching trousers, blazers are thick and can be worn with jeans/casual clothes . also in cold places an extra overcoat is worn with it (i.e. the knee length coat, ur talking about)

source : barney stinson , mafia 2

@lida

You seem to be master in corporate fashion :), Please PM me if you can share more things Or any site which gives good views on it.

@max_demon

Thank you bro.

Checked with Raymond shop, Stitching is around 2500 Rs & suit piece is separate. Looking for other options too.. Raymond seem to be costly among all.

Anyone has experience with PN Rao & Brand Factory ?

See if u have some kind of factory outlet for brands around your place like van Heusen or Louis Phillipe or blackberry (which have just shifted to only slim fit suits).... You will get a 20-30% discount on the MRP(which would be around 4K to 7K max). So go for ready made suits and get them altered to your size.

One more thing never buy all your suits at the same time first buy one and then wear it and see how you feel and then go buy the rest. Keep trying this with various brands and than u will get one brand which u like and than just stick to that.

Depending on your body type:
LEAN: GET suit stitched as you might look like a hanger where the suit is kept. Always go for 2 buttoned here no option at all
BUILD/LITTLE ON THE HEAVIER SIDE: Buy from any store wont matter at all. 2 button suit looks the best(mentioned in one of my previous posts) or the chinese collar ones (but not for office use just for party or casual wear).
HEAVY/REALLY HEAVY: Can stitch or buy from some surplus store. But than in this case always buy 3 button suits as 2 button ones will make u look fatter.

P.S.: AM not master of corporate fashion just love suits. I am a more or like a version of barney but on the heaver side minus the sleeping habit :)

I was at Shopper's Stop (Bannerghatta Rd.) y'day and saw a complete section for suits. Prices started at 5-6k range i think.

If you are on a tight budget and don't fancy brands, then you'll get a decent (unbranded) suit starting 3k. But the fabric/material would be polyester - tough to wear if you are gonna be in non-AC rooms.. lol

@lida,

How about Factory seconds ? Had talk with one guy who has F Seconds of Raymonds, Was talking of giving 20 % discount on Raymonds.

Would go with BUILD/LITTLE ON THE HEAVIER SIDE.

Checking out with Brands Factory & Megamart. Hunt is ON.... Do you recommend factory seconds of Raymond ?

@TheMask

Thanks bro,

Some very good advice from lida there. I would suggest you get a dark blue or a dark grey as the first suit. And make sure you are getting a 100% wool suit. No polyester or other materials mixed in. If you don't want to spend too much, you can opt for a lower thread count fabric, but make sure it is all wool.

Dude, If you wanna cheap and good suits check the mota arcade in Brigade road..
I think the first floor, the left most shop when you enter from main entrance.

3-4 years ago my friend got a suit for 1700 something...
He stiches suits and could go with your style better...

^ true. Tailored suits have better fit. Readymades can be altered a bit too, but it'll take a couple of trials to get the perfect fit.

Woah! Just now read the entire thread! All branded ones like those Raymond, Peter England will cost at least Rs. 5,000. If you are not concerned about the 'brand value' then go to Bigbazaar outlet. They are stocking their own brands AFL & Knightwood, which will start from Rs. 1,300. In fact I bought the Knightwood one for Rs. 1,800 which I'm using it for the past two years. Both the models are coming with the blazer and a matching pant. The quality of the material is somewhat nice. (Worth for the money!) Since you quoted that you want "the best & cheap", you can check these models.

P.S.: You must wear a tie if you are going to wear the blazer, which will give a dignified look:)

OT: I'm a MBA student :p

Back