PC Peripherals Best mouse under Rs. 700

rhlravi

Adept
(Skip 1st paragraph if you want to cut it short)

Hi. My old Gigabyte basic mouse died a couple of months ago, and since then i am using the generic USB mouse i got free with my laptop (it says brand name is crystal).

I had decided that i will purchase a new, proper mouse (of a good brand) sometime later when i go near lamington road (i stay in mumbai), and till then i will continue with this cheap mouse.

But since a few days, i am experiencing pain in my wrist and thumb when i use the mouse for a long duration (a few hours at a stretch). Since it is my vacation, i play a lot of games everyday and i think this prolonged use has caused this effect. Even today, when i used the mouse for a while in the morning it started paining. When i stopped using for a few hours in the afternoon, the pain went and then again as i use it in the evening now, the pain has returned. So, i think this is due to the poor ergonomics of this cheap mouse, which is probably not meant for prolonged use, just for a short while if trackpad in laptop is inconvenient. I never had problems using proper mice of decent brands before for very long times too.

Now, my usage and budget:

Normal usage (browsing the web), plus gaming. My gaming level is between a casual and heavy gaming. I do not sit and play games all day, but at the same time, a few hours a day at average, mainly FPS games (like CS, TF2 etc...)

Budget is upto 700, can extend a bit if needed but preferably not more than 800.

Model(s) i am considering:

Gigabyte M6800

I was initially thinking of buying a 250-300 Rs. mouse again, but then i thought, why not spend 300-400 extra and get a mouse with 800 dpi-1600 dpi switchability and more comfortable for gaming. I am well aware of facts that

1. With my budget, i cannot buy special gaming mouses like Razer's products but an entry-level one like the M6800 will do fine,

2. Also aware that gaming capability depends more on the gamer than on the mouse

But i wish to purchase one better than the basic optical mouse

My mouse pad is not the best, but should do the job.

In case the gigabyte model is out of stock everywhere, any other alternatives?

You need to correct your posture more than your mouse.It depends on what level you are sitting and how your hand,wrist and fingers are placed.I you press your wrist hard on the edge of the table ,you're gonna have pain.So accordingly whatever correction is required,do it.

Gigabyte M6880--800 bucks

You can go with Gigabyte M6880, but it's a little bigger, if you have small palms it might be a bit difficult to handle.

logitech or microsoft basic optical mouse for windows and basic application is best value for money but for gaming i suggest razer mouse are better and comfirtable one for sure.

I'm looking at the M6880 now and it actually looks great for its price and I'd recommend if your budget allows it but if you are looking at the sub 500 market, logitech m100 hands down.5 button mouse with logitech setpoint software support for key reassignment.I got it as a temporary since my 518 has been down for a couple of weeks now and I can't rma it until I get back home and I was seriously surprised by its level of functionality.

Ameet148 said:
You need to correct your posture more than your mouse.It depends on what level you are sitting and how your hand,wrist and fingers are placed.I you press your wrist hard on the edge of the table ,you're gonna have pain.So accordingly whatever correction is required,do it.

Gigabyte M6880--800 bucks
Agreed, it can be a posture problem too, and i will try to correct that, but since i am using the same computer table since 8 years, that may not be such a major factor.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ayanavish said:
You can go with Gigabyte M6880, but it's a little bigger, if you have small palms it might be a bit difficult to handle.
My palm is average in size, so the M6880 can be a good choice.

rakesh_sharma23 said:
logitech or microsoft basic optical mouse for windows and basic application is best value for money but for gaming i suggest razer mouse are better and comfirtable one for sure.
I was considering buying a basic optical mouse of logitech or MS but since i can afford higher end models, i am not considering them. All razer models are well out of budget

Arun1 said:
I'm looking at the M6880 now and it actually looks great for its price and I'd recommend if your budget allows it but if you are looking at the sub 500 market, logitech m100 hands down.5 button mouse with logitech setpoint software support for key reassignment.I got it as a temporary since my 518 has been down for a couple of weeks now and I can't rma it until I get back home and I was seriously surprised by its level of functionality.

I think i can stretch enough to go for the M6880, but i cannot find it on theitwares.com or even ebay (though i will be buying in lamington road only), so can availability be an issue?

And since all of you are recommending the M6880, is it worth the 150/- over M6800? Any users having experience with either of these 2 models? In case the M6880 is unavailable or price difference is high, is the M6800 a bad deal, or is M6880 vastly superior?

I have been using M6880 over a year -- it's good for it's price. Precision is good but not really suit you for hardcore gaming (there will be lags), rubber grips on the sides, DPI button to switch sensitivity, etc. There're two more buttons at the left side, which are kind of hard to maneuver. Mine just conked off after one year of extensive use! Usage: Normal computer usage like browsing net, graphics related works, moderate gaming, etc.

Ok then, I will go for the M6880. I do not want to buy a second hand mouse. One last time again, can anybody answer the questions I asked in the 6th post?

Need an urgent reply, my dad is in lami and many shops are saying that they dont have the gigabyte models (both of them). Any other alternatives in this range?

UPDATE:

Well, my dad searched in many shops in lami for the gigabyte models but they were not available anywhere. So, i was forced to extend my budget in order to get a decent entry-level gaming mouse.

The shopkeepers said that the Steelseries Kinzu was available for 1k, and that is a great price for such a mouse, so dad called me and asked me about it. I went through reviews of the Kinzu in some reputed sites and they all praised it, saying that it is a simple yet effective mouse, which was just what i needed.

So, i picked up the Kinzu for 1k :) .

First i thought that the Logitech MX518 will cost just around 150 more than the Kinzu so why not pick up that, but it so happened that the Logitech's price was 1500/- or above in all shops. Some dealers said that a few days ago, the MX518 was available for 1150-1200, but recently its price increased to 1.5k, so that was way beyond my budget.

I have used the mouse for a few hours now, and i am satisfied with it.

Thanks for all your replies, and sorry that i could not get the mouse you all suggested.

Update 2: I just realized that i am only talking to myself here!

LOL. Logi MX518 is the best in that range that I have seen though I'm currently using Giga 6880. Can surely say MX518 was always a notch better both in terms of accuracy and pricing. (6880 - 750; MX518 - 1400)

And talking about Kinzu. Why don't you post up a review for it here on the forum :D

Back