Laptops Best medium budget gaming laptop

montylee

Skilled
I might be going to US soon for few months, so might need a laptop for working at home and gaming. So, please recommend some medium budget gaming laptops around $1200 max. I want to play all latest games like Crysis Warhead, Fry Cry 2, POP etc... at medium settings. Found following good deals:

Sager Notebooks: These have good configs and price also looks good.

http://www.sagernotebook.com
Asus G50Vm-X1: Nvidia 8700GT

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology - Black/Orange - G50Vm-X1
Toshiba Qosmio® : F50 : F55-Q502: Nvidia 8700GTS

Toshiba Qosmio® F55-Q502 Laptop Computers Specs & Customer Reviews

And any news about the upcoming ATI 4800 mobile series? When is it gonna launch?

mate i have no idea about sager but Toshiba rocks mate i have a Satellite A305 on which i am able to play all the games i picked the laptop to play decent games i am able to play GOW and mass effect at full configuration ,i am sure Qosimo should rock mate ,Blindly go with Toshiba u are gonna love it and if ur returning to India with the lappy Toshiba has support in India :D , i have no idea abt Sager and heard Asus s**ks in build quality and have seen some lappies also which look pathetic :mad:
PS: i have heard that the 8xxx series of the nvidia are bad coz 8400 on Dell is pathetic ,y dont u look for ATI ,dont take a immedaite decision on buying the lappies,let other members also post replies,coz TE helped a lot while picking up my lappy

Thanks for the info mate.

I am not sure when ATI's mobile 4800 series will launch...

Toshiba definitely looks a good option. I wanted to know if there are more options at a reasonable price...but nobody else has replied.

Are you looking at a portable laptop or a desktop replacement? if its the latter look no farther than the gateway p-7811 fx. techie_007 posted a terrific deal here Gateway - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - P-7811FX

If its the former the hp dv5t, msi gx 620 and the new g50v with 9700gt are excellent options.

Edit: Deals over now. It was $200 off last weekend. But for a 17" the price to performance is unmatched in the gateway. Just slightly bump your budget up

asdf1223 said:
Are you looking at a portable laptop or a desktop replacement? if its the latter look no farther than the gateway p-7811 fx. techie_007 posted a terrific deal here Gateway - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - P-7811FX

If its the former the hp dv5t, msi gx 620 and the new g50v with 9700gt are excellent options.

Edit: Deals over now. It was $200 off last weekend. But for a 17" the price to performance is unmatched in the gateway. Just slightly bump your budget up

+1 for the gateway :D

sorry for the delay i was a lil busy , k abt the gateway its a sweet laptop as my first laptop was Gateway MX3416 it was sexy laptop but no service in India ,i screwed the KB and now its become a pain to use with a external KB ,so beter get a lappy with service in India ,have a look at the laptop personally dont see it in website's and pick it ,rest all is left to u , i have no idea bat ATI 4xxx series coming to Laptop's ,even though it comes guess its gonna be lil bit high priced :(

Thanks for the info. Ya, it'll be better to pick up a lappy with service center in india. Toshiba looks cool. I'll see which one to buy if i get a chance to go to US.

Hey! i've got Sager NP5793 gaming lappy!!!:eek:hyeah:

Specs -

-C2D T9300

-4GB DDR2 667Mhz ram

-nvidia 8800m GTX 512mb GDDR3

-200Gig SATA 2 7200RPM HDD

-17" WUXGA screen!!

IMO these are awesome!!! I got this in May 08 via KMD!! though i agree there aint no support nd service here in India! its a custom laptop!! i.e everything in it is swappable! i.e. cpu,GPU,ram nd HDD as usual!! Whole mobo can be swapped out with ease!!

I'm enjoying it!! btw currently it is available with 9800m GTX GPU!!:hap2:

It aint bad or anything! online support is awesome if u ask me!!:eek:hyeah:

nd YEA!!! NP5793 is based on Clevo M570RU Gaming chassis It is available in india via Intex(basically rebranded Clevo M570RU)

See the second notebook in this webpage - Intex Technologies announced nine new notebooks - Web News & Trends Thats how M570RU looks like!! nd its for 75K

- Intel launches Nine New Avant Garde Laptops in India

- Finally Here is the lappy on Intex site - Computers

Hope this helps!:D

Edit - sry! i didnt know u want a 15 incher!! Sager M860TU is a good 15 incher with 9800m GT GPU btw :D!!

Back