Best ISP in Thane

I am at Majiwada, using 1&1 BB 1MBPS UL for 4500/year plan. They are good, lately speed has been an issue, but never too bad. DL speed varies between 150kpps to 500kbps, depends on line condition. Their supoort is good though unlike 5Net who never care to pick up the phone.

Used MTNL for 1.5 years without any issues (2mbps UL), 2 times engineers came to my house to check, thay asked me .... aap se kabhi complaint nahi aaya, isi liye check karne aaye hai.

Then got 5net for the same rate (10mbps UL) used till 13 months without much issue with some hiccups & this month I shifted to Joister by paying a little more than 5net (16mbps UL) ... I get max speed upto 13 - 14 mbps.

Used Hathway for more than 5 years before MTNL because of their monopoly in my area as I didnt have any second choice.

You Are lucky to get joister. Atm it's the best plan in india in terms of speed/cost that too w/o fup.

Which area you stay?

The speed is too good & I feel like I have downloaded everything until something new comes up, plus I have to make space, already have 17 TB +

My area is wagle estate.

Had taken 5net for DC HUB but then 90% of the hub have same files & hardly anything new to share, its useless, joister dont have no HUB.

Dl speed should not vary so much. Get your line tested. It's fiber, speed variation is at the most 5 % of the plan speed.
Its a very recent development, I should not complaint, as the max I should be ideally getting is 200kbps. So getting anything more than that should not be getting me worried :)

any pvt. ISP at ghodbunder road, brahmand/hiranandani estate area? using MTNL since years; currently on DSL UNLTD 1333 plan, but looking at other ISPs' offerings, thinking of trying one of those. also, facing random disconnection issues since a few weeks, hence looking for a good alternative solution.

UPDATE: Enquired with a few of the ISPs. contacted joister, and was told that their service is temporarily unavailable in my area (for about a month). i was told that i would be emailed info about their plans.

also, calling up dolphin infonet revealed that they have an office of one of their franchisees in my area itself! calling up there, i came to know that they provide HN only here (1&1 and 5net not available), and they have users in my society too. am a little confused about this. although the representative from the office told me that 1&1 and 5net aren't available here, am hoping that there may be some other franchisees here. is it possible?! someone please suggest any alternative option if you can. thanks!

The speed is too good & I feel like I have downloaded everything until something new comes up, plus I have to make space, already have 17 TB +

My area is wagle estate.

Had taken 5net for DC HUB but then 90% of the hub have same files & hardly anything new to share, its useless, joister dont have no HUB.

Well with such a good speed it neutralises the need of an hub

UPDATE: Enquired with a few of the ISPs. contacted joister, and was told that their service is temporarily unavailable in my area (for about a month). i was told that i would be emailed info about their plans.

also, calling up dolphin infonet revealed that they have an office of one of their franchisees in my area itself! calling up there, i came to know that they provide HN only here (1&1 and 5net not available), and they have users in my society too. am a little confused about this. although the representative from the office told me that 1&1 and 5net aren't available here, am hoping that there may be some other franchisees here. is it possible?! someone please suggest any alternative option if you can. thanks!
Afaik 1&1 doesn't ties up with lco's. Contact them directly by calling them on the nos listed on their website. Brahmand should be covered by them

Afaik 1&1 doesn't ties up with lco's. Contact them directly by calling them on the nos listed on their website. Brahmand should be covered by them

thanks! the ph. no.s mentioned on 1&1 broadband's website and on 5net's website are the same for this region, and Dolphin Infonet provides both, however, not in my area. here they provide only Honesty net. i will go to their office next week to talk to them.

I have 5net service since past 8 yrs in sion and only face problems with them during rainy season. Infact almost 300 to 400 buildings in my area have the same connection from past all these years. And that connection goes on till Town also. So we are connected with the town ppl too when we download all the files. Touchwood its still providing great service.
For people in Thane, I would suggest that you service provider associated with 5net my not be having OTDR. You can test the fibre loss service through OTDR which your service provider associated with 5net may not be having or he may not even be knowing about this. Most of the 90% providers do not know about this. When you test with this you come to know exactly what is the problem. The service provider in my area knows about this very well as he always tries to use the latest technology in all times.
So its good for the people in our area. Rest its all unto you people. If all your area members come up and suggest him this then may be 5net can be a huge successful hit in your area. Or if you people have enough money then you can get associated with 5net and be their franchise and provide better service from your part.

Back