Audio Best IEM under 200$

Hi guys,
could you please suggest a good IEM under 200$

Will be calling for it from Amazon(from the US of A) or picking them up locally from amchi Mumbai.

I like listening to a lot of different genres like rock, live recording, acoustic, trance, house, electro, etc.

The source would be my HTC Hero or an ipod so the use is going to be portable. Please don't recommend i change my source :bleh:

Couple of options i've considered are mentioned below with their price
Triplefi 10 - 196$
Audeo Phonak 122 with mic - 159$
AudioTechnica CK10 - 210$
Senns IE7 - 178$

You should be a bit careful when buying the Senns from Amazon, another member landed up with a "high quality" IE8 fake recently and had to send it back to Amazon for a replacement. I'm guessing it wasn't sold directly by Amazon.

Here's a link you might want to look at.

WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Probably not worth spending so much on a pair of IEMs if the Hero is going to be your source, the ipod should be fine though.

Triple fi 10, if you dont sleep with your earphones .They will stick out of ears as many complain. Also they are over ear model

Triple Fi is what I would buy .Has been my dream IEM for long :p. Anyways I suggest you read up reviews on head-fi and buy the one which suits your sound tastes.

For 199$ the Head Direct RE-252 is also a good buy but I am not sure how good it is compared to other competitors .

$200 IEMS sourced with HTC Hero?
Please do not waste so much of money if you are going to end up playing them from Hero or Ipod .. I mean increasing your budget by $50 can get you excellent Headphones(not IEMS) so i think $200 is bit of a overkill for the source you have mentioned ..

well the hero seems to be as good as any regular ipod to drive any IEM.

Anyways, these earphones don't have a high impedence and i don't think you need an amplifier to drive IEM's. (excluding the RE1 or something with a high impedence).

Faheem i did read the reviews on the triple fi10 and a lotta people on head-fi vouch for it.

Only concern about them is they look really huge(instant Frankenstein mod for my head :p ).

How is the RE-252 as compared to the other earphones i've mentioned in my list?

apextwin146 said:
$200 IEMS sourced with HTC Hero?
Please do not waste so much of money if you are going to end up playing them from Hero or Ipod .. I mean increasing your budget by $50 can get you excellent Headphones(not IEMS) so i think $200 is bit of a overkill for the source you have mentioned ..

Well upgrading the source is not on my list right now.

The TripleFi 10s are quite comfortable actually, they stick out a bit and they're not as large as pictures make them out to be. You can't lie on your side with them on though. The mids are tucked away a bit but otherwise they're great, in this price range its a toss up between the TF10 and the CK10.

get the TF10's .. nothing comes close.. u will love the sound sig.. its one of the most balanced iems out there.. using it since a while now.. once u get the fit right ... theyll put a smile on your face everytime u hear em :eek:hyeah:

kritarth said:
I hear that Panasonic HJE900 is a great deal at 120$ from Amazon

Hey i did check the HJE900 out.
As good as the reviews for the earphones are, i'm sure they do mean business but i'll definately end up losing the buds thanx to the detachable buds that these earphones sport. ;)

It's a contest between CK10 and Triple Fi 10. You'll have to choose according to your tastes. Look up reviews on head-fi.

I would also strongly suggest to use a better source. You could get a cheap Sansa Clip+ (which is very very good btw) at the very least.

viralbug said:
It's a contest between CK10 and Triple Fi 10. You'll have to choose according to your tastes. Look up reviews on head-fi.

I would also strongly suggest to use a better source. You could get a cheap Sansa Clip+ (which is very very good btw) at the very least.

you know wats made this even more confusing now guys......

Denon C751k - Excellent for trance and house cuz of the excellent bass - 74$ amazon :eek:hyeah:

UE Super.fi. Pro 5 - Originally 200$ is available for 69$ at frys :S

now i'm even more confused.

Thinking of buying these two since i can't sleep with the UE on.

Plzzzzzz advice guys!!!!!

^ Both of these are <$100 earphones. You really can't compare them with ones twice their price. For your initial budget, the ones you mentioned are great.

For <$100 range, the options are:

Head Direct RE0 (I don't think you would like these since you listen to trance)

Klipsch Image S4

Hippo VB

I wouldn't suggest the TF10 as they seem to have cable issues. However they seem to have a good sound signature for trance. The Phonaks & CK-10 may lack the bass impact for Trance.

Ritvik said:
The UE SuperFi's will stick out just as much as the TF10s won't they?

yes i do agree with you on that :(

BF1983 said:
I wouldn't suggest the TF10 as they seem to have cable issues. However they seem to have a good sound signature for trance. The Phonaks & CK-10 may lack the bass impact for Trance.

If according to you the TF10 is good but has a cable issue, which earphones would you recommend BF1983?

Do read up on Monster Turbine pros copper version. They may have the bass that Trance music requires. :)

The TF10 are not as bad as I make them out to be. Plus their cable is user replaceable which is a good thing in case it breaks.

Back