Audio Best IEM for less than 4k.

catcherintherye

Disciple
Mar 16, 2011
As the title clearly suggest i need an IEm for less than 4k. I am at an extremely tight budget and wont be able to shell out anything more.
I need an IEM with good soundstage,punchy bass but not overpowering and great mids. I am prepared to compromise on the treble if the other two aspects are covered.
And btw, i am buying these IEms in replacement of a Brainwavz M3 which were superb but unfortunately were stolen. So bear this in mind and please help me in my quest for the ultimate IEm. :D
And btw, I am prepared to buy back an M3 if theres nothing better. They were that good.

catcherintherye

Disciple
Mar 16, 2011
Hows the hippo Vb and the fisher Eterna/sliver bullet? They have some review reviews being fished around. And i the m2/cc51 better than the M3 in terms of sound quality?

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
The bass on the M2 is a bit too prominent and the soundstage is also not that great. RE-Zero/Phonak Pfe are also iems to consider apart from the M3 and Fischers.

Tenzin

Disciple
Jun 5, 2010
Lol. I guess the M3 is the best bet :bleh:
I wouldnt recommend M2, since soundstage of M3 is an improvement upon M2, My M2 somehow feels little cluttered :S

sid221991

Disciple
May 15, 2011
M3 does not have PUNCHY bass, as i have been told and BTW i am also in this same segment. IEM with punchy bass inside 4000INR. So i have decided to go with Xears TDIII pro blackwood. Its good. and if u want Bass more than this. Get fischer Audio Eterna!

Tenzin

Disciple
Jun 5, 2010
eterna would be heavy on him ... He wants a decent bass. Maybe the M2's bass might be more than enough for him.

Probably he would want to source it locally too. With regard to his budget its IMO M3

esanthosh

Skilled
Jan 3, 2010
Coimbatore
Fischer Eterna V1 has what weibby described as 'nauseating levels of bass' and it's true. It's bloated in the mid-bass, yet fun. It's mid range is recessed and cannot be recommended to someone used to the rather forward mid signature of the Brainwavz.

Hippo VB has nominal mid-bass and more sub-bass. But, it's mids are again recessed. Besides, mids are neutral and there is sibilance as well. I don't think you'll like them.

Silver Bullet is not the IEM to go for if you want heavy, punchy bass. It's more about the sweet mids and spacious presentation. Bass is very sufficient (around the levels of M3, very marginally better). Treble is rolled off and smooth. I'd say treble is better in the M3, but mids and spaciousness are better with SB. SB does not have the best of build qualities. Second thing to note is that the only seller from which SB is available for a reasonable price (Treoo is too costly), GD-Audiobase has issues with service, delivery etc., - GD-AudioBASE Horrible, Don't Refund Money (SOLVED AND REFUNDED PARTIALLY)

With Xears TDIII, it's bass could be just too much for someone used to M3. But, it's still a very likable signature with warm, lush mids, plenty of bass and extension and slightly better sound stage and imaging, timbre when compared to M3. While it's sound stage is slightly better, it does not portray space like the Eterna or the SB, but gives an intimate presentation like M3; so the difference would not be felt hugely. It's treble is better than M3, yet not very sparkling or more extended, just more forward. I'd still wait for sid to get and hear them first.

No idea about CC51.

M2 vs M3: No! It is the other way around. M3 > M2 in sound stage, presentation, sweetness of mids and treble. It is less focused on mids and bass than M2 to balance out the signature.

Tenzin

Disciple
Jun 5, 2010
It must be refreshing for anyone to see your detailed replies on their queries :)

I'm also waiting for sid to get his xears and expect some review from him.

catcherintherye

Disciple
Mar 16, 2011
Thanx for the suggestions everyone. Except for the fischer, all the other IEMs have some serious availability issues. I will stick with the M3 which i will be getting from the TE marketplace. My m3 with 50 hours of burn in was probably the best i have heard or will need. I am open to more suggestions but please make sure availability isnt a pain in the arse.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
The requirement of punchy / non-heavy bass restricts the options to what you've already used :). You could also try out the new Brainwavz B2 if they have gone on sale already...but it might be out of your budget .

esanthosh

Skilled
Jan 3, 2010
Coimbatore
Listed in the site - Yes! But is it really in stock? Because I asked him twice or thrice about Eterna and SB for a couple of months and proceeded to buy from GD-Audiobase instead. Fischer is slow in filling up the stock resellers / dealers as you can see at Treoo, GD-Audiobase or elsewhere. They do have a good domestic market in Russia from what I've read. But, this international demand (prompted by clieOS' review) has not been kept up with.