Best Air purifier ?

Well timed thread . Few days backs was discussing this with One of the Mods .

I am also looking to buy a Air purifier Being in NCR but confused wrt to their effectiveness and long term maintainability . I have seen panasonic / philips etc on amazon & they seems to be having better rating on amazon.

Can we do a group buy with for eg Philips or panasonic perhaps to bring down the cost .

Well timed thread . Few days backs was discussing this with One of the Mods .

I am also looking to buy a Air purifier Being in NCR but confused wrt to their effectiveness and long term maintainability . I have seen panasonic / philips etc on amazon & they seems to be having better rating on amazon.

Can we do a group buy with for eg Philips or panasonic perhaps to bring down the cost .

Philips is kind of costly, also considering the filters.

Xiaomi is unavailable anywhere right now. Anyone know when it will be available again?

Thinking of getting a Smart Air DIY Original for 4k for now. Smart Air is selling at 2x the cost of China which makes it kind of pointless though. Their Cannon is equal in price to Xiaomi. Don't know if it is due to customs or what, they should make some appeal to the Government. Or at least manufacture here, since it's just a fan and a filter. Their bigger filters seem to be made in India, but I'd rather use 2 Xiaomi filters.

Philips is kind of costly, also considering the filters.

Xiaomi is unavailable anywhere right now. Anyone know when it will be available again?

Thinking of getting a Smart Air DIY Original for 4k for now. Smart Air is selling at 2x the cost of China which makes it kind of pointless though. Their Cannon is equal in price to Xiaomi. Don't know if it is due to customs or what, they should make some appeal to the Government. Or at least manufacture here, since it's just a fan and a filter. Their bigger filters seem to be made in India, but I'd rather use 2 Xiaomi filters.

Yes Philips is costly a bit but it has better specifications as well. More over you are assured of service support and filter replacements later on. MI et all iterations might has a lowest entry cost but i believe their long term reliability is still a questions mark. On top, availability of replacement filters is also a questions a mark.

It is slowly getting worse .. my eyes are burning like hell as i type this and that too today when air was better...

Is it possible to do a group buy since we all suffering are in NCR :) should get us a additional discount hopefully .

Interesting thread.. I already have a Panasonic Air Filter .. the cheapest model without any ionizer or (?HEPA). paid 8-9K for it about 6 months back.
I would say yes , it has some benefit.

On indoor plants, Gerberra & Peace Lily is supposed to have *some* effect in reducing Benzene & Formaldehyde from the ambient air, but another document that I will share says that its minimal/non-existent.

I am now looking to buy another better purifier with HEPA/Ionizer (most generate ozone, which is a known pollutant) , the works.
So researched a bit .. and came across this ...https://www.arb.ca.gov/research/indoor/aircleaners/certified.htm. Also check out, the attached file.

Unfortunately, I could only find one Certified Air Purifier in India from this list..on Amazon... Winix P150.. which seems to be a decent model , spoke to the owner too and got a discount ..abt 15K landed cost, taking a chance on this one. the cost includes 3 replacement filters that are bundled as well. These air filters have simple circuitry, basically just a fan , as they provide mechanical filtration mostly- so reliability shouldn't be that big an issue. Filter alone costs 5K though!

Maybe, if we arrange a group buy, we could get more discount ?

Attachments

• acdsumm.pdf
    392.6 KB · Views: 205
Yes Philips is costly a bit but it has better specifications as well. More over you are assured of service support and filter replacements later on. MI et all iterations might has a lowest entry cost but i believe their long term reliability is still a questions mark. On top, availability of replacement filters is also a questions a mark.

Can't find any philips model with better specs under 20k. AC1215 seems to be decent although its CDR is less than Xiaomi(even if at top, loudness should be similar). It's either new or India only. Also can't find refillsonline , only ones are 3k for a Hepa filter alone for other models which is way overpriced. Don't know about Xiaomi filter availability but you might be fine if you keep in advance. Smart Air had good stock of HEPA and Carbon filters for 1k each and do home deliveries too, but I could not check their units in action.

Also not sure if we can buy these in cheaply, as the factor here seems to be customs.

Unfortunately, I could only find one Certified Air Purifier in India from this list..on Amazon... Winix P150.. which seems to be a decent model , spoke to the owner too and got a discount ..abt 15K landed cost, taking a chance on this one. the cost includes 3 replacement filters that are bundled as well. These air filters have simple circuitry, basically just a fan , as they provide mechanical filtration mostly- so reliability shouldn't be that big an issue. Filter alone costs 5K though!
Old unit as they don't seem to sell in India? It has a low CADR but you can get it maybe. I'd suggest trying the Smart Air Original as they provide 1 yr warranty, it is a basic fan, and is pretty popular in China.

All these purifiers are very costly for a fan and filter. Don't know why any India cooler/fan manufacturer hasn't started making these. Some brands like Xiaomi and Diy are fine in China but again are too costly here. Also has no one tried putting them with fan ventilators?

@r19 valid and very good point. For a good CD-R value of above 300 , all costs a bom .Unfortunately. Govt should ideally subsidise them considering that they are a necessity rather than luxury these days but than they earn on dead corpses so any subsidy goes out of window.

Given that current bad spell has passed away ., I will continue to look for good options and shall advise if I found anything. Here in my side, Air purifiers are flying off shelves like hot potatoes with all vendors running a waiting period. It is never in stock for us gadget hungry indians

ummm... i was thinking about creating such a thread here... for a good air purifier for my room. I stay in Mumbai, and seeing Delhi's condition getting Worse, I checked some websites for Mumbai's air quality & although it wasn't as bad as Delhi it showed to be unhealthy. Now my wife is more prone / sensitive to such issues and she faces problems due to this i believe, I looked up over the internet.

I have just purchased this Philips AC4081/21 Portable Room Air Purifier - I was looking for both a combination of Humidifier / dehumifier and a Air Purifier. I believe this does the job well, All filters are expensive which ever brand you chose. I believe you need to change the HEPA filters every year they cost 3k+ rest you can clean them yourself.

https://www.flipkart.com/philips-ac...ifier/p/itmegac6jnzgycqj?pid=APFEGAC6TAYHDG3Z

It seems the Air purifier fans are pretty weak for the price. The 10k+ ones are OK, but overpriced. Don't want to spend hours on DIY as I'm not good with such stuff, but these seems easy:
HEPA/Carbon filters can be bought cheap from Smart Air Filter shop for 1k each, or cheaper if they are available in Hardware stores but I don't know. But I can't find a box fans anywhere in shopping sites. Anyone know where these can be bought?

Alternatively, a system can be made with cardboards/plys, making a box and placing an exhaust fan on top to create a vaccum/outlet and placing the filters on one side of the box. Don't have experience with this though. Moreover, exhaust fans don't come with speed controls and have lower size (max 10in) and air delivery, and higher noise.

Was thinking of just getting the Smart Air DIY original for 4k tomorrow but now confused.

Ok bought the DIY original for my mother from Smart Air shop. Seems to be doing fine. Though it is only a HEPA filter attached to a flat table fan. The main benefit for me was it is tested and certified, which was important at least for my mother. Luckily I got a table fan box and it was this model :-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eas...ical-version-small-table-fan/32396811452.html
It's basically this fan plus a HEPA filter(1000 rs) attached with hooks onto the fan grill, though a velcro strap.

I think these models are wasting too much energy by hitting it on the filter. Creating a vacuum in box, with exhaust fans on the top, and air get filtered through HEPA filters on their sides should be probably more efficient. But I don't know about the numbers involved. Most importantly, how much air will Hepa filter let enter before pressure becomes too low in the box. I will try to make one with a cardboard box as hopefully low pressure won't be hazardous. There are some similar designs on instructables too.

I am using the Mi Air 2. I got it mostly for removing the dust from air since lot of construction work is ongoing in my place (and will continue unless all the forest is gone..). The machine is working fine as per the reading I see in my mobile App.
I have heard that Sharp makes good quality air purifiers; even for cars. Check their website, if you are interested.

Flipkart got the Mi Air Purifier 2 back in stock yesterday so I ordered it. Going by the reviews and comments on various sites it looks to be a pretty good one for the price.

Back