PC Peripherals Best 22 incher for ~9k

trojanman said:
Sorry for asking this so late, but don't you all think that a 22 incher will be a bit too much for my usage? I have never used a 22 inch or for that matter a 20 inch before, so don't really know how big its gonna be. :p I asked about 22 inchers because the price difference between a 22 and 20 inch was only ~1k.
But my primary doubt is: will the text be clear and readable when viewing two PDF/doc/browser windows side by side? And does small (size) clips like youtube vids look $hit on such a big screen?

i had a 17" CRT and shifter to g2220hd and it hell....wow
much difference, and texts will be ultra clear as texts wud never get jagged with higher resolution like videos does.

And yes, youtube low quality videos gonna looks like shit on a full HD screen. But the youtube HD looks fine, and DVDrips are also jst OK. Viewing HD contents are a treat.

If you are worried bout multi windows, then yes- you can easily manage multiple windows with crystal clear texts and text size is quiet acceptable. If you need the texts to be lil bigger, it shud be 24" u shud be looking at.

ANyway dun even think bout 20" with 1680*1050 as they arent worth the money as full HD 22" are there for sub 8.5~9k.

trojanman said:
Sorry for asking this so late, but don't you all think that a 22 incher will be a bit too much for my usage? I have never used a 22 inch or for that matter a 20 inch before, so don't really know how big its gonna be. :p I asked about 22 inchers because the price difference between a 22 and 20 inch was only ~1k.
But my primary doubt is: will the text be clear and readable when viewing two PDF/doc/browser windows side by side? And does small (size) clips like youtube vids look $hit on such a big screen?

With a 1k difference why waste opportinity for grabbing a full HD monitor of 1920x1080 resolution.

It wud b foolish.

Yes Youtube vid will look shit but not DVDrip and Hd ones , they'll look good.

Text will be clearly readable and viewable.

Just don't take whatever crap AOC offers to u.

i am using BenQ E2200HD since past 6 months and i'm completely satisfied by its performance and pic quality :eek:hyeah: ...... its definitely better than samsung (as my friend has one ) donno about DELL though haven't used any dell 22"

1920*1080: 16:9

1920*1200: 16:10

both are full HD displays, only difference being aspect ratio. The latter one is better overall, though only rare 22" has it.

yes, dont bother about 16:9 or 16:10 ratio. It hardly makes a difference. And I guess most games support 16:9 ratio. Not sure.

I had moved from a 15" CRT to a 22" and it was very unsettling at first. But I wouldnt want to go back now! Reading text is fine, you'll find no problems. But youtube videos look totally crap. Even DVDrips dont look too good. I'm downloading 720p videos nowadays.

Back