Graphic Cards bare min for a 22" monitor

jith77

Adept
guys, am kind of broke but desperately need a graphics card by aug 15-20....currently my monitor is only a 17" but i plan to upgrade it to 22" in a couple of months(or more depending on my bank balance:bleh: )....

so i just wanted to know what i should get as a bare minimum/cheapest graphics card (for gaming) at that resolution

whats ur budget....and the resolution in which u intend to play.....for 22 inches screen ill suggest u to go at ATI 4850

Well for HD watchin movies and gaming in medium to low resolution a HD 3450 is a bare minimum....

Rockfella has a Dell SP2208WFP and HD 3450....

For good gaming in full glory on a budget a 8800 GT is best bet for u....

not a temp card . . . . I have a cheaper temp card. . .7100gs:p...its my backup when i fry my card
that leaves 8800gt and 3850.....
On 8800gt is 256mb enough or should i go for 512mb
and is 3850 ok for 22in

256mb wont suffice if ur gonna game on a 22incher. if you dont mind loosing a few of the sfx, you could consider the 96gt.

afaik kmd can get you one for 7k

jith77 said:
guys, am kind of broke but desperately need a graphics card by aug 15-20....currently my monitor is only a 17" but i plan to upgrade it to 22" in a couple of months(or more depending on my bank balance:bleh: )....

so i just wanted to know what i should get as a bare minimum/cheapest graphics card (for gaming) at that resolution

Gaming? 8800GT minimum

"So I just wanted to know what I should get as a bare minimum/cheapest graphics card (for gaming) at that resolution"

Depends what reso/setting you want to play on + budget. I would suggest go for MSI HD4850 with a Zalman Cooler or get a second hand 8800GT whatever you budget permits. 9600GSO is also good. Believe it or not I play Far cry and Crysis on lowest settings/reso on my Dell SP2208 + Oced E2140 + Gecube HD3450. Since the SP has Dell TRU LIFE Screen playing at low settings doesn’t really look too bad. (I know many won’t believe it, neither did I until I tried playing lol)

Back to point "bare minimum" can be any card from XFX 8600GT ddr3 to a low end 3450. Depends on how much you want to invest in it. My suggestion is:

1) MSI 4850 WITH ZALMAN COOLER. KMD FTW!

2) Second hand 8800GT for 6K.

Now, bare minimum would be 8800GT or 9800GT for 22" monitor.

But wait for some time because right now most 9800GTs are using 65nm chip. Next batch will use 55nm chips that will probably overclock better and probably run cooler. it should come in two to three weeks.

Even better is HD 4850. Preferred is 4870, or if you want Nvidia, GTX260.

Back