Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

Finished it already, 13 levels. I'd rate it higher than cod mw2 though, the environments each are diverse and amazing. The destruction is unseen, not even in crysis. Every single cover is destructible. This game has followed the best out there in graphics/gameplay. Though the campaign feels really short.

The games is gr8. I'm near the end of the SP and till now its been gr8 in all respects.
The gfx is just gorgeous.
At everything maxed out @ 1920x1080, never got below 60fps.
Just w8ing for the finish.

Okey here is an update:

Now i am almost halfway through the game and i must agree with few of the others that game play in fact is pretty good. But i still feel it is lacking somewhere. I am just not able to put my finger on it.

The thing which totally amazes me is the gfx engine. I will repeat again that i am playing on 1900x1200 res on my stock C2D 8400 + 2GB DDR2800 RAM and 4870 512MB and I don't feel any lag of any sort during the gaming. I usually don't consider Frame rates to be a good benchmark. I might be getting 40FPS(Just guessing) but for me the game is running absolutely smoothly. And the Gfx are totally comparable to Crysis. I feel like playing Crysis minus the Nano suit + 3 buddies which is like awesome.

Now coming to where CODMW2 is superior to BFBC2 is the situations. The rush which you get playing MW2 is lacking. There were numerous situations in MW and MW2 which will be itched onto my memory. The sniper mission in MW and the mission where you are running on the rooftops to reach the chopper in MW2 or the mission which reminds you of the movie rock where you are on the ground floor and the enemy is shooting you from the first floor. I have yet to encounter a such a mission in BC2. Also the story telling in the MW2 is far far superior then the BC2.

Where the game scores is The Scale, The Environment, The Options in which you can complete a mission. You do have to reach from point A to point B to complete a mission but you can approach this in more then 3-4 ways. Just like what you could do in the original Farcry. Also the destructible environment adds on to the gameplay. The scale of the game is also pretty awesome. What amazes me is the Scale + Gfx + Smooth gameplay on almost a 2 year old system. I guess this is a making of a pretty decent Multiplayer game. I have not yet tried the multiplayer campaign but i will once i finish up the single player.

I am still waiting for the Multiplayer review. That would be the most important aspect for me. Has anyone played Insurgency here? It's a Source mod. I wish this game provides a feeling like that while playing.

chhangte said:
hope you guys dont level up too much b4 i get mine :p or allow us to keep levels from the beta lol

you can't keep your levels from the beta. the only thing you keep are the dogtags you got.

baccilus said:
I am still waiting for the Multiplayer review. That would be the most important aspect for me. Has anyone played Insurgency here? It's a Source mod. I wish this game provides a feeling like that while playing.

i've played ~9 hours of the multiplayer today. the game is great... looks awesome (especially the jungle levels) and it runs well, better than the beta did. they've taken care of a lot of problems that i had with the beta, but there are still some issues with the game which i'm hoping get fixed as time goes on. overall though, the game is just awesome.

Assuming if you guys are from India, how are you able to play, am gettin freakin annoying 200+ ping all over, and again no indian servers, NOT EVEN 1, ne1 thinkin of buyin a server or sometin...?

Try joining servers in SG - they will give you about 100 ms ping. Even if someone does buy a server - the community isnt large enough to keep it full.

has the game just released on steam or its available in retail? i heard the release date is march 10 for india! is it true? i just cant wait to get my hands on the multiplayer,so let me know soon:)

Smith_shah said:
Assuming if you guys are from India, how are you able to play, am gettin freakin annoying 200+ ping all over, and again no indian servers, NOT EVEN 1, ne1 thinkin of buyin a server or sometin...?

there are servers in singapore/malaysia/thailand which give 100 pings and are playable.

in your server browser, search for 'Fragnetics' and 'SALUZI' (both are case sensitive). between these 2, you will come across ~20 servers running that are pretty good.

spindoctor said:
there are servers in singapore/malaysia/thailand which give 100 pings and are playable.

in your server browser, search for 'Fragnetics' and 'SALUZI' (both are case sensitive). between these 2, you will come across ~20 servers running that are pretty good.

How do i know where the servers are from?, i arrange the servers according to the "ping" bar and the lowest ping for me 172.

EDIT: Yea found the servers, ping only 112, how come these servers dont show up in the "server browser"

Your ping depends on your ISP's routing too. Its not necessary that all of us from the same country will get xx ping latency.

Smith_shah said:
EDIT: Yea found the servers, ping only 112, how come these servers dont show up in the "server browser"

the server browser is broken as of now. the whole multiplayer ui is actually. don't be surprised if you have problems trying to connect to an mp game.

Back