Audio Audiophile Headphones & Desktop Amp+DAC (budget - 15k)

mate, did u read my posts above? You wont like the D1100 either, its a few levels below the 518. also u jsut got em, give them atleast 200 hrs of burn in.
If another impulse purchase is what ur after, get a ath-m50 or a ad-900/ath-900
I was buying ATH-M50 only, but they are out of stock in India.

are ATH-900 better?

I was buying ATH-M50 only, but they are out of stock in India.

are ATH-900 better?
No i meant the previous 1, abt shure, denon d-2000 or ultrasone, beyer..
I strongly suggest you let the 518 burn in. Sennheisers take some time imho.
The M-50 and 900's sound very different. Have you heard either? They have good bass but i aint sure abt highs.
Didnt you want grados???

No i meant the previous 1, abt shure, denon d-2000 or ultrasone, beyer..
I strongly suggest you let the 518 burn in. Sennheisers take some time imho.
The M-50 and 900's sound very different. Have you heard either? They have good bass but i aint sure abt highs.
Didnt you want grados???
I was not looking at open back headphones. I initially wanted closed headphones only, but went with HD518 open by reading its reviews on Head-Fi & everywhere. Anyhow i will buy 80 or 60 ones in a years time.

I just love my Brainwavz M2, they are soo warm & fun to listen to with nearly all genres, specially Bollywood. These sennheiser HD518 sound poorer than my Philips SHP8500 (1200rs). I have had those for like since last 6 years & not even a single problem, excellent build. Anyhow i was not bored of it & wanted to go a step higher.

I didn't knew i will just screw my wallet & get nothing worth it. Really really unhappy with these. Anyhow i will burn them for a month or so & then lets see. Maybe if i get angry i might just literally burn them. :D

use pink noise to burn in ur headphones they will bring out the 518's true colours give a burn in time of around 48 hours and buy a second hand amp+dac combo from head fi under 100-150$
here pink noise : just select pink noise preset
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php

and here the deals thread :
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6551/amplification-for-sale-trade
in my opinion look for schiit magna and modi best bang for the buck amp/dac or wait for schiit vali will be available by dec/jan at $130

Back