Audio Audiophile and gears

any updates? Also what was the deal price? ATM I have ordered the Fiio x Headphone zone type-c iems, should I cancel those for the akg? Totally different budget and type of device ik but I need something decent for music, I was also looking at Samson open backs
I admit I have not done any significant listening since then. It has been on and off but whatever I heard is pretty much in line with the reviews. For music of all genres it should be pretty good. You can always equalize to taste. I think it costed 8-9k.
No idea about the Fiio one, sorry.
You cannot go wrong with either the Samson SR850 or the SR950 for the budget although I see they are now priced high in Amazon. The 950 has more bass.

The box may look like the regular old plain black version...
photo_6206336414438768552_y.jpg
photo_6206336414438768551_y.jpg

... but the headphones are anything but!
photo_6206336414438768553_y.jpg

Replaced the Bose NC700 (and my Hifiman HE400i setup) with the Aydan Edition Audeze Maxwell! Phenomenal sound, build quality, comfort and convenience! Also visible is the 3D printed headband that I am using instead of the stock leather one.

Probably one of the last new units of this specific version available anywhere in the world. They come with upgraded gel based Wicked Cushion earpads which are larger and more comfortable compared to the regular version (apart from the etched graphics on the earcups). Despite weighing nearly 550g, I have worn these for over 4hrs at a stretch without any problem (even with the stock headband; I just don't like the feel of leather).

Last edited:
I admit I have not done any significant listening since then. It has been on and off but whatever I heard is pretty much in line with the reviews. For music of all genres it should be pretty good. You can always equalize to taste. I think it costed 8-9k.
No idea about the Fiio one, sorry.
You cannot go wrong with either the Samson SR850 or the SR950 for the budget although I see they are now priced high in Amazon. The 950 has more bass.
If there is someone else who is also interested in buying these same headphones, I can recommend this listing on Bajaao for a pair of Samson SR850 (I've read that you can get it to sound like the 950 with a simple EQ). It works out to be significantly cheaper than an individual listing on Amazon or Bajaao's own individual listing for this headphone.

Personally, I used Bajaao to purchase the SR850 as a gift back in 2020 and they were pretty good about it. Not sure if or how the service may have changed since, but I am fairly certain it wouldn't be too different.

Repurposed my spare NUC to setup a small online radio streaming stack at home:

IMG_20240517_134021.jpg

The chain is as follows:
Intel NUC > Khadas Tone Board >RCA out > Edifier S1000DB Speakers.

I use a USB volume control pod with a bulbous volume knob as can be seen in the above photo for on the fly volume control/ emergency muting. Volume is usually kept at nice sombre level.

The stack is used to stream online radio from 181.fm, BBC Radio, Class 95 FM Singapore.

Back