AudioEngine In The House

I agree with chaos for 90k you could have managed a better pair of bookshelves with a sub and a receiver. Would have been more future proof.

DSCN3071.jpg

I have the Audioengine A5+ which I bought from Philippines recently, running it off the Fiio D3 DAC taking input from my Xonar DG SPDIF out few questions for you- Do the stands really make a difference? What is the distance between the two speakers in the A5+ in your setup .I feel the distance makes the sound improve dramatically . Also when playing a treble heavy song do the tweeters have any kind of vibration(touch with fingers) in them I have a feeling they are not working on my set :unsure:

Oh and congrats great setup.

Congrats, but for 90K, there are way better options available mate.

But music and sound is so, individual that I am not even sure if I should have written about other options......

Congrats....

View attachment 18299

I have the Audioengine A5+ which I bought from Philippines recently, running it off the Fiio D3 DAC taking input from my Xonar DG SPDIF out few questions for you- Do the stands really make a difference? What is the distance between the two speakers in the A5+ in your setup .I feel the distance makes the sound improve dramatically . Also when playing a treble heavy song do the tweeters have any kind of vibration(touch with fingers) in them I have a feeling they are not working on my set :unsure:

Oh and congrats great setup.

The A5+ have beck vents for sound as well, so keep em at least 4-5 inches away from the wall. What you see in the pic is a temporary setup, in few days furniture work will be complete and i have designed a seperate shelf for the A5+.
Yes the stands do make a difference for me, a 6'2" guy, so when sitting i need to have the, facing my ears. Other wise it does sound different. I will check bout the tweeters and let you know.

Also, i am just using a 2.1 bundle and using my P4's with N22 on my laptop (Routing through D1). So 90K gives me 2 setup and not just 1.

Actual 5.1 will come when i move to my new house.

Untitled_zps6a81dc3e.jpg

The A5+ have beck vents for sound as well, so keep em at least 4-5 inches away from the wall. What you see in the pic is a temporary setup, in few days furniture work will be complete and i have designed a seperate shelf for the A5+.
Yes the stands do make a difference for me, a 6'2" guy, so when sitting i need to have the, facing my ears. Other wise it does sound different. I will check bout the tweeters and let you know.

Also, i am just using a 2.1 bundle and using my P4's with N22 on my laptop (Routing through D1). So 90K gives me 2 setup and not just 1.

Actual 5.1 will come when i move to my new house.

Ok I think I need to invest in some stands too .. Well enjoy the setup and let me know about the tweeters

Back