Laptops ATI GPU not detected in XP

rhlravi

Adept
Dont know if this is the correct section to post this thread, but here goes:
After managing to somehow install XP on my dv6(after slipstreaming drivers and a lot of trial and error), i have one problem i am unable to fix. I cannot get XP to detect the ATI 5650 GPU and it runs only on the intel GPU by default. When i tried to install catalyst drivers, downloaded from both AMD as well as HP's site(for XP), the catalyst installation manager does not even give me the option of installing the actual drivers(the option of around 90 MB in size) in the components selection screen.
it only gives me options of installation manager, lord of the rings trial and one more small thing, which is surely not the actual driver. I think this means that the ATI GPU is not detected at all. I tried switching GPU in Win 7 to ATI and then rebooting into XP, but no use.
Model no: DV6-3141se.
No unknown or strange device in device manager too.Can somebody please help me to get XP to detect the ATI GPU?

join me on chat using mine Yahoo ID listed at profile ... if u come before when i got to "Saanu neend aa rahi haii"

Back