Assassin's Creed: Unity - Discussion Thread

That's pure horseshit. Do you know how large Skyrim is? Do you know how much install space it takes? Ubisoft is shoveling horseshit to people.

Anvil Next engine is way way better than Bethesda engine, so comparing to it is totally wrong.

Last edited:
Anvil Next engine is way way better than Bethesda engine, so comparing to it is totally wrong.

I agree, but the comparison was to game size and the amount of textures that the engine handles. Skyrim is massive and it was a 5 GB download on day one; one-tenth of what this game is supposed to be. The comparison is world size vs world size.

I agree, but the comparison was to game size and the amount of textures that the engine handles. Skyrim is massive and it was a 5 GB download on day one; one-tenth of what this game is supposed to be. The comparison is world size vs world size.

Again comparison is wrong,
Skyrim engine was modified from previous game Oblivion and I've played and loved Skyrim but its hard to say that it's not even qualify to next gen graphics and Anvil uses next new technology for every new AC series, even AC4 required almost 25 GB, so if Unity is 50 GB then do the math how much large it can be ?? plus they have focused on MP missions and some of its features which also cost more in size but the point is don't compare other game engines cause they uses different techniques and technologies depending on the game type.

I'm in shock to see and i feel it's really absurd to look in minimum requirement for GPU which they pushed it to 680 :waaat:

Last edited:
Again comparison is wrong,
but its hard to say that it's not even qualify to next gen graphics and Anvil uses next new technology for every new
I am not arguing with you just putting my views. There is NO next gen for pc gamers (or any gamers). Idiots have invented it for idiots to increase sales its a stupid meaningless business term. Infact for pc gamers the next gen started long back after the release of just cause 2. Increase in size does not means next gen. Improve in quality means, which is very less . Visually every game looks at least 40% better than any consoles if seen from a certain distance. skyrim with mods looks around 70% better than AC unity without the mod too it looks quite similar to it.Therefore no game is really a next gen. Oculus rift might be called as a next gen if you want however that is also debatable.

Last edited:
I am not arguing with you just putting my views. There is NO next gen for pc gamers (or any gamers). Idiots have invented it for idiots to increase sales its a stupid meaningless business term. Infact for pc gamers the next gen started long back after the release of just cause 2. Increase in size does not means next gen. Improve in quality means which is very less . Visually every game looks at least 40% better than any consoles if seen from a certain distance. skyrim with mods looks around 70% better than AC unity without the mod too it looks quite similar to it.Therefore no game is really a next gen. Oculus rift might be called as a next gen if you want however that is also debatable.

Do you think Next-gen graphics/gaming is made up?? I mean wow this is really offending, who worked so hard to many hours and years in gaming industry to achieve new technology’s in gaming and it has truly changed gaming experience for users and lots of money they’ve spent in this projects and many people in country who helped them to create this technology by Investing and donating money.

Next-gen is not particularly named by a company, it's an industry term similar like group of pharmaceutical company named their drug for potent name in industry besides next gen means not the improved graphic quality and looking from a distance and looks the same no it's totally irrelevant to this topic, Next-gen is collection of graphic effects and algorithm components which are used in gaming like smart AI’s and advance physics cause worldwide it’s possible to spread this technology cause of amazing hardware capabilities and they can now design this kind of games by pushing all the recent researched technology and many hardcore gamers don’t even know about and applying Skyrim mod looks better than 70% of Unity?? Let me tell you, after 5 years later with powerful GPU and ENB mods + some expert graphic mods in GTA 4, that game visually blows out of the water to GTA 5 although that doesn’t make GTA 4 next-gen game cause whoever played GTA 5 certainly knows what I’m talking about that brilliant AI system in whole game and currently developed technology is purely matured cause it taken from existed technology to keep in mind in years by developer to waiting to improve in hardware and their prior algorithm to an improved versions.

Oculus rift is totally relevant to this and no exception to this Next-gen graphic term without it’s literally a “waste” also it’s an gaming accessory like NVidia 3D glasses yet little more advance cause those component they achieved in next-gen gaming are indulge on these technology, you know virtual reality was an old concept around decade ago somewhere in 2004, when I saw an article in tech magazine and it’s live VR in 2013 and they can’t achieved this without matured graphic technology aka Next-gen, Nowadays to surviving in up-down market they have to release this games in matter of time even the game is not fully functional completed and many of us had bad experienced like Battlefield 4 but they improved later also Ubisoft admitted when they used old rendering technology and some disabled PC features for Watch Dog to increase sales in next-gen consoles cause of high PC game piracy, Unity is not exception to this, I think they could’ve reduced hardware requirement but they must have minimum time to release the game and keeping alive to their franchise plus fans all over the world that’s Ubisoft or any gaming company is focusing now, with this next-gen graphic concept industry so much evolved in technology that they designed simulation programs even they may presently working on big projects coming in near future even many of us don’t have idea about it.

So yeah upcoming games in couple of years are just a glimpse of what comes in next-gen gaming and some situation of gaming are inevitable so this opinion is mine based on reading good and bad articles, so please don’t think that I’m condescending you by any biased answers but there’s so many facts behind some struggling gaming industry that many gamers cease to catch it and spreading bad rumors.

Last edited:
Do you think Next-gen graphics/gaming is made up?? I mean wow this is really offending, who worked so hard to many hours and years in gaming industry to achieve new technology’s in gaming and it has truly changed gaming experience for users and lots of money they’ve spent in this projects and many people in country who helped them to create this technology by Investing and donating money...................................................................
I got what you want to say. No offence again but do you think I was oblivious of these things & made that up? Well no. I know what I have mentioned & that conclusion of mine was based after a lot of experience (mostly) & of course reading too.I always don't believe in what I read. Thus don't worry I can find out which is a rumor & how much truth is there in that rumor. I kept it short so that anybody with any type of knowledge or similar experiences (after a little thinking ) can easily understand what it means & I stand by my point. Sorry by quality I meant overall quality of some games which is not limited to visuals only.(my first post in this page)
I would only add next gen is a very strong & of course a very flexible (business friendly) term like some other flexible (business friendly) terms.
Btw that bold part (in above quote) means everything (very obvious) & answers many things (Which might take many words to describe. Thus its better if you think about it also there are many examples around you. One eg: Call of duty ghosts.) hope you will understand.
Lets not discuss anything related to that anymore in this thread. You can believe in what you want to nobody is stopping you from that.:)
Thank you.

Last edited:
Finally, Major update 3 is going to fix most of the issues after looking all the problem listed on Official Live Blog but only frame-rate issue is not fixed yet :(, but some rounded reviews are came out..

GameSpot -- 7/10
"Is it the next-gen Assassin's Creed game we've all been waiting for? Not quite. It's very good, maybe even great in places, but the story's smaller focus has come at the expense of its exquisitely rendered backdrop. The grandness and spectacle that so often graces the finest Assassin's Creeds is sadly sorely lacking here." - Mark Walton.

Joystiq -- 2.5/5
"Assassin's Creed Unity is the best and worst of Assassin's Creed. It's hard not to appreciate everything that it gets right, and you'll have a good time if you can wrangle some friends for co-op, but it's impossible to ignore where Unity falls tragically short." - S. Prell

GamesBeat -- 91/100
"I was not expecting to love Unity, but I do. Ubisoft nailed the big assassination missions and everything in between. I lost several days to this game, and I'm looking forward to losing a few more. I want to see if I can find all the highest-rated equipment. I want to do some more multiplayer missions. I want to solve the rest of those brilliant murder cases. I want more Unity." - Jeffrey Grubb.

GamesRadar -- 4/5
"Unity manages to push the series forward enough to make this truly great, it's only sad that a few left over hiccups have carried over from the previous generation. Traditional Creed problems aside, this manages to be an unrivaled murderous sandbox and Paris hands over a visually impressive blood drenched historical playground." - Louise Blain

GameInformer -- 8/10
"Inordinately long load times, repeated onscreen notifications, and a couple of hard freezes prove that Unity is a complex game that hasn't yet had all of its bugs smashed. However, Unity's frequent missteps are balanced against an astonishing array of engaging content set in a stunning world. Even as I tallied problems, I marveled at the game's breadth of gameplay and richly realized world. I encourage fans to give Unity a try, and leave your expectations at the door. For both better and worse, Assassin's Creed is moving in a new direction." - Matt Miller

IGN -- 78/100
"Assassin's Creed Unity leverages the new-generation consoles to add spectacular new sights and successful co-op multiplayer, but in doing so, it's created some substantial new problems instead of solving the series' most persistent ones. The scope is stunning, the customization is satisfying, and the multiplayer touches upon some really ambitious ideas. But the lack of a strong main character or interesting take on the Assassin's Creed universe costs it momentum and excitement, and the persistent control problems are still a thorn in its side. The first truly new-gen Assassin’s Creed game is a gorgeous, entertaining, and successful proof of concept for what lies ahead for the series, though it isn't what I'd call revolutionary." -Marty Sliva.

Polygon -- 6.5/10
"The ingredients are all here for a spectacular new standard for the series on Sony and Microsoft's new machines. But in the quest to build something that looked and sounded 'next generation,' Ubisoft Montreal failed to fix the problems that have accumulated over so many annual releases. Combined with an uninspiring story, and a long list of considerable technical problems, Unityfalls short of the fresh start Assassin's Creed needs." - Arthur Gies.

Source :
Gamespot, IGN

Last edited:
Just started playing this. After looking at various discussions and reviews about the performance of this game, I half expected that it would not be able to do Ultra settings @ 1080p at decent FPS on my rig with a single GTX980. I still wanted to see how much I can max out, so I changed the graphics to Ultra centrally and then changed shadows to "High" and AA to 2x and I am able to play the game with FPS hovering between 55 and 65 for the most part. considerably better than what I had expected. I think even with the default Ultra settings, it would still manage a decent enough framer rates.

This on a rig powered by 2500k @ 3.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 800MHz and Gigabyte GTX980 OC version.

The performance was mainly fixed in patch 4. The discussions must have been from before the patch. Crossfire/SLI is broken now though :(

I run on all ultra except I turn down the nvidia features. Also MSAA is an FPS killer. You should switch to FXAA and maybe downsample from 2560x1440. I'm getting about 40-50 with these settings on a single R9 290x

Started this game with all the latest patches and DLC installed. Planning to do a 100% run on this too, if time permits. The visuals are absolutely stunning. Regardless of how much flak Ubi actually receives for optimization and glitches, their engine always delivers on the visual front. They always do their research and provide so much attention to detail. The city of Paris is beautifully recreated. I'm somehow a bit off about the combat system. I like Black Flags better. I died so many times in combat where there were just 3 enemies to defeat. May be I have more upgrades and equipment to work on, but the damage I take is ridiculous.

The story and the main character are cringe worthy. Perhaps it's too early to judge, but it looks like they have tried to create a replica of Ezio and failed miserably. The side missions look exciting this time round and so do those co-op missions. I tried doing one of the co-op mission in solo and got my arse kicked brutally. Though they are specifically tailored for co-op play, solo is doable, but much more time consuming and challenging. Take it from me, when this game says that the difficulty level of the area is 'hard' and to gain upgrades and come back, pay heed to that warning.

Woohoo!

flWxGDt.jpg

hbaTD7j.jpg

Back