Application to clean up my computer

djmykey said:
Which we always mess up. :bleh: and its 5GB & not 20GB I guess... In 20GB the OEM ppl will fill in hoards of sh!t

So should i go with this option on not ??? You being sysadmin know better. Please suggest.

raksrules said:
So should i go with this option on not ??? You being sysadmin know better. Please suggest.

Go to Computer Management and see if you can see a partition which is at the starting of the disk and doesnt have a drive letter assigned and has a name like restore or do not erase or system. It wont be NTFS too. If you have that restore will work. Or else erase it by my way :bleh:

Are we talking about restoring? :baby: OP u must be daft trying to use that useless/complicated feature! Just format the whole hdd, make 20GB partition for OS and be happy forever!

use these settings in Ccleaner :baby:

49523873.jpg

Rockfella said:
Are we talking about restoring? :baby: OP u must be daft trying to use that useless/complicated feature! Just format the whole hdd, make 20GB partition for OS and be happy forever!

use these settings in Ccleaner :baby:

49523873.jpg

I cannot do formatting and all. It is a company laptop. I just want to do a clean uninstall of everything.

just shred your hard disk, using a good wiping tool.... chances of what you've deleted using the recycle bin can be recovered easily... so chances of ur personal stuff being accessed are high...

If u want to un-install everything use revo uninstaller (freeware), use its advanced feature that "deep" cleans everything! Ccleaner is good for cleaning, revo for un-install. Hope it helps.

raksrules said:
I cannot do formatting and all. It is a company laptop. I just want to do a clean uninstall of everything.

Op u tried revo?????

I try to use freewares as much as possible, recuva, ccleaner, speccy, defraggler, these are great tools, very light, however revo is best when it comes to un-install anything ;)

thetoxicmind said:
CCleaner inspite of being a freeware, offers a whole lot of options ! ;)

Advanced system care... Very very good... My 2 year old lappy vomited out 2 gigs of hidden, useless files....

And, the free version is itself enuf. You will find the link to this software in a previous blog post.

TRUST ME... BETTER THAN CCLEANER AND DISKMAX

Back