Apple iPhone 5S To Be Priced At Rs 53500 And 5C at Rs 41900 In India

I highly doubt the last batch of the 5's would last till february. Even then say i take apple care, what device would it likely be swapped with?

I am pretty sure Apple will keep stock to replace iPhone 5 even after one year. So getting an upgraded version as replacement is like 30% i would say as against 70% chances of getting the same model.
Today if someone's had a problem with their 3GS, in all probability they would get a 3GS as replacement, refurbished one (which is as good as new).
Infact i have read that Apple refurbs are excellent value for money products since they change the battery and external casing as well.

Also people here who have used iPhone and genuinely know what the product is have to admit that if you pickup a 4 or 4S or 5, it is almost going to appear and work same for most of the functions. It is just that the next version would be faster in stuff like opening apps etc. May be better picture quality using the camera. This is assuming all the phones are running same iOS version. Yes some apps will run well on later versions as against older phones.
So if you own even an iPhone 4 and use for basic calling, texting, whatsapp and social stuff, watching videos, playing games which i feel what 99% of people do (my opinion), you are good with the iPhone 4. If your 4 is jailbroken, you can make it appear faster using a jailbreak tweak called Accelerate or Fakeclockup (or something like that).
I own 4S and am still on 5.1.1 but that is because i do not want to lose the stable jailbreak as i know how productive a JB phone is for me.
I do not think twice before i swipe up to show up task manager (zephyr) or pull down notification bar to turn on/off 3G (NCSettings) or take my Lock screen for granted since it shows me reminders and calendar all the time (LockInfo). I sometimes forget i am so dependent on JB that when i use my dad's phone it feels totally weird. Infact i tried this for day, using my phone in safe mode.
I would any day trade an older jailbreakable iPhone to a non JB one.

Last edited:
Interesting, didnt know that Apple carried stock for such a long haul in terms of after-sales service.
Yep, Apple refurbs are terrific value for money and last a lot longer than most industry rivals. Case in point my friend's plastic macbook. Bloody bugger still shows it off to me saying that it works as good as my macbook pro.

About your views on the extended versions, i disagree about the significance factor.
Infact, in all the iphones i have used. I have never had tthat feeling lingering in my mind that " Bloody hell this is all the same".
Obviously the operating system would be the same and the design for the "s" versions would be exact.

However when i upgraded my 3g to 3gs, my 4 to 4s and recently when i checked the 5s and compared it to my 5 - The difference is huge.

I used the iphone 4s for a year, only sold recently and i was using it in tandem with the iphone 4.
Iphone 4s - primary phone
iphone 4 - secondary

Whenever i used the iphone 4 to do some of the stuff i do on the 4s, it used to be noticably slower, the maps, browsing, multitasking and the whole damn lot. Camera used to be really weak and slow as well.

Now if you ask me - an avid iphone user since the device was launched about the experience and whether i can go back to the iphone 4s after using the iphone 5 for a month?

The answer would be a resounding no. Frankly i just cannot do that because the 5 is a lot more powerful than the 4s and i am sure i would feel the same when i upgrade it to the 5s. Its not just the features and the apps, the overall experience differs quite significantly and that is the most important factor personally for me.

I completely agree about the speed thing. It is definitely faster. You know i feel this way when i use my wife's iPhone 4, it feels slower for sure. But apart from speed factor, things are pretty much same. In gist i meant, i can sacrifice speed and all to go back to a jailbroken phone if i had no option of jailbreaking my current device.

Apple have completely blown this one. The sheer difference in unlocked prices at the USD eqv rate is enough to justify people bypassing buying it here. Stupid pricing really

Ek Shayari Arz Ki Hai Aap logon Ke Liye Janab :happy:

Dil Mera Roya Baar Baar
Dil Mera Roya Baar Baar

Iphone 5s Ke price Sun Kar Baar Baar :p

LAst year we had phones that started selling from 40k and this year it is 50k . Lumia 1020/Note III and iphone 5s. Next year it will be 60k.

Apple have completely blown this one. The sheer difference in unlocked prices at the USD eqv rate is enough to justify people bypassing buying it here. Stupid pricing really

Really? Do you know how much it is available for *unlocked* in US?

To be fair, If Note 3 and Lumia 1020 are worth 50K then the 5S should be priced at 60K.

I think the price is little on the high side but the market is like that right now.

Fair Pricing given current market scenario. Whether these will get to meet the expected sale figures of Apple or not is their headache. They definitely have done their market research in India to come to this price point.

Last edited:
5s in USA is 649$ for 16GB unlocked, around 39.5K INR
Add tax around 8% to it (varies) - 51$ tax - 3200 INR

Around 43K if one gets from USA, not considering the customs / USA-India shipping. If you add this, i am sure one will come to a price almost same as retail in India.

Blame the rupee depreciation for higher price and not the companies, be it samsung, apple or whoever.

It's funny when people bash samsung, htc and other companies for their flagship prices and says it's fine when apple does the same. :meh:

It's funny when people bash samsung, htc and other companies for their flagship prices and says it's fine when apple does the same. :meh:

I think iPhones and all these phones, samsung HTC all are severely overpriced. 50K is just insane. That is far more than what many people earn per month.

^ You are certainly steering this thread to its proper direction.

I'm only saying it as it is. There've been enough reports lately that have pointed out Apple's fluctuating prices (on the higher side) adjusting for USD variations against foreign currencies. Just that in India.. it's a double whammy given the recent drop in the INR, it's going to do them no favors with this kind of pricing.

If anyone's on a personal trip abroad.. it's kinda no brainer to get it from there instead of buying it here.

I know ya'll rich folks but saving 5-7K on a 45-50K phone seems foolish as the iPhone seems to be the only Apple product that doesn't carry global warranty.

Back