PC Peripherals APC UPS cannot hibernate

lahratla

Disciple
I have APC Back-UPS ES 650Y-IN. My PC is dual-booted with Windows XP SP3 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. The APC PowerChute Personal Edition 2.2 works fine in Windows 7. It can gracefully hibernate/shutdown the PC as per the runtime settings in the software. But the APC PowerChute Personal Edition 2.0 in Windows XP is unable to gracefully hibernate/shutdown the PC as per the runtime settings in the software. I have disabled several services in Windows XP. Could this be the reason? On which services the software has dependency? Or could it be due to some bad drivers?

Besides, can the PC resumes from hibernation when AC power comes back? If so, what settings are required?

Well...I think there is a service for UPS, I think you've turned it off. This could be drivers also. But as you're admitting that you've disabled some service. So first try enabling the services that you think you'll need it.

do you get a bsod error ?

check my old posts I have written about starting the ups but that is only possible if you know when the power will be back i.e. a timed electricity shutdown.

Back