AnyOne BSNL - Modem ZTE ZXDSL 831A ???

Praks

Skilled
Hi friends,

I think now, BSNL is giving some chienese brand modem - ZTE ZXDSL 831A ( Is it from UTStarcom ? )

Any ideas about this modem ? Not seen any config details or tricks to modify firmware. Unable to see port forward too.

Torrents not working properly as there is no option to do port forward. If Port forward settings is changed in U torrent to Port 80 then Speed is around 100 KB/Sec, but no upload at all. Problem is download speed is around 100 KB/Sec but upload never crosses 5 KB/Sec.

porforward.com is of no help bcoz I dont see any such options they have shown in screenshots. (Home 500 Plan)

I have never read any documentation about this modem.. Any help :huh:

i have 831A II modem. Same issues here.no way to set port forwarding.

Try enabling encryption on utorrent and see if it works. my upload sppeds increased after doing that.

Oh U are also with me..

BSNL has modified firmware so U cant have any option of Port forward..

Damn.. now what 2 do ??

I get download speed of 150+ KB / sec but no upload :(

I assume you have only a modem - no router.

Do you have option to set your modem in BRIDGE mode?

Is so - you can have your comp manage the connection.

Remember to have a firewall in place though as this is not a recomended configuration with your comp exposed directly to the internet.

I enabled encryption then only I got 150 Speed

Without encryption its just 4 Kb Download & 1-2 Kb upload. :(

UTorrent icon does not turn green at all :(

Is there any way to get it green without port forward ?

Can I flash the firmware ? if yes. how :(

Try this page it seems to have some documentation regarding your Modem.

ZTE Technical Support WebSite

Be carefull that different series of 831 can't use the Firmwares of each other.So only try updating when you're absolutely certain. I have the ZXDSL 831 II modem given by Reliance and it has no issues with upload speeds and port forwarding at all.

Back