Any Nintendo 3DS owner?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Any 3DS owner here? I'd like to ask a few questions.
Original 3DS or 3DS XL doesn't matter, either of them will do.

I've owned the regular 3DS and own the 3DS XL now. What did you want to know?
How much did you pay and from where did you buy them? Imported? What games do you play?
Also I've read many reviews about the 3DS XL but since I don't own any I do not know if its worth buying over the normal 3DS. Also there is a noticeable price difference. but problem is I don't see the normal 3DS anymore. even the ones on Amazon US have only the new XL. (amazon fulfilled only).
also there is one particular model which i want to know. I'll upload an image later.

How much did you pay and from where did you buy them? Imported? What games do you play?
Also I've read many reviews about the 3DS XL but since I don't own any I do not know if its worth buying over the normal 3DS. Also there is a noticeable price difference. but problem is I don't see the normal 3DS anymore. even the ones on Amazon US have only the new XL. (amazon fulfilled only).
also there is one particular model which i want to know. I'll upload an image later.

I used to have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Pokémon-Limited-DS-Red-3DS/dp/B00EV4O7B4

Ordered online from Walmart to my ShopandShip address. Used to have Pokemon X and Y (still have them)
The XL model is superior to the original in almost every way - bigger screens + bigger battery. It's heavier but that really did not bother me.

Bigger battery? You sure? Reviews say battery life isn't better (must be because of the larger screen).
btw weren't you selling your X and Y games earlier? :p
Which reminds me, can you play them online with others? The games have online feature for PvP battles but since we don't have any official release here...
One of my main concerns is playing them online.[DOUBLEPOST=1416480746][/DOUBLEPOST]This is the model which I want. But i could not find out which model it was. It was used in a review somewhere.

Attachments

• new3ds_02.jpg
    new3ds_02.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 558
  • new3ds_04.jpg
    new3ds_04.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 310
  • new3ds_05.jpg
    new3ds_05.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 353
  • new3ds_07.jpg
    new3ds_07.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 452
  • new3ds_08.jpg
    new3ds_08.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

In general, they seem to be phasing out the old 3DS. The XL is a large improvement over the regular 3DS and I definitely see a higher battery life. I bought it in the US, from Amazon I think. I traded in my old 3DS for it, so I only had to pay $50 or something like that. As for games, I've spent a lot of time on the system. Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, etc. I mostly play single player games.

Also to keep in mind, they are releasing a new 3DS/3DS XL. In many countries this year and in 2015 in the US. There will be a small additional analog nub, more RAM, faster processor, better screen and NFC support. It will help a lot while playing games like Kid Icarus Uprising.

Edit: I just noticed, thew images you posted are the new 3DS Xl which isn't out in the US yet. This model allows for the casing to be customised, so the one in your image must be a New 3DS XL with a customised faceplate.

Also to keep in mind, they are releasing a new 3DS/3DS XL. In many countries this year and in 2015 in the US. There will be a small additional analog nub, more RAM, faster processor, better screen and NFC support. It will help a lot while playing games like Kid Icarus Uprising.
Which 3DS XL are you talking of? The present 3DS XL or a new version of this 3DS XL? Can you give me a link?
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Blue-Black/dp/B008GEH9HO/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416507780&sr=1-4&keywords=nintendo 3ds
And as for the games I will buy as many RPG's as I can, Zelda games, Dragon Quest-like games, Fire Emblem etc. Mainly Pokemon games, I want to collect them all.
Edit: I just noticed, thew images you posted are the new 3DS Xl which isn't out in the US yet. This model allows for the casing to be customised, so the one in your image must be a New 3DS XL with a customised faceplate.
I'm confused.
BTW do you have a case protector?

Last edited:
Which 3DS XL are you talking of? The present 3DS XL or a new version of this 3DS XL? Can you give me a link?
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Blue-Black/dp/B008GEH9HO/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416507780&sr=1-4&keywords=nintendo 3ds
And as for the games I will buy as many RPG's as I can, Zelda games, Dragon Quest-like games, Fire Emblem etc. Mainly Pokemon games, I want to collect them all.

I'm confused.
BTW do you have a case protector?

The New 3DS XL. It has only been released in Japan, Aus and NZ for now but will be sold in the US next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS

You'll notice that the New 3DS and 3DS XL can be customized by buying faceplates. (Like those old Nokia phones or Gameboy Micro or XboX 360).

That price though, only 18000 Japanese Yen. Thats just around $135/8100INR. I wonder how much the actual cost would be.
NZ price for the new DS is NZ$249 around 13k INR. Also the cover which I'm looking for is not there.
https://www.ebgames.co.nz/featured/...-Hero&utm_campaign=Hero-JH-3DS-New3DSConsoles
Here's a good comparison video between the original 3DS, New standard 3DS and New 3DS XL.
I've decided to go for the New 3DS. I really loved the backplates. :D
Also importing them from Japan directly seems to be the better option, probably even better than from the US. I only hope there is an option for changing language. Nope. Brian Ashcraft of Kotaku just confirmed it to me that its Jap only. Can't read Japanese. >_<

Last edited:
The 3DS is region locked.
Not a problem. Because I'll be buying the console and games from the same place I bought them. India doesn't have an official release anyway and those available online are all imported from the US.
Standard New 3DS for 13k approx.
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-84r9.html
And found the backplate which I wanted. 1200rs approx.
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-005-emboss-paOS-13-49-en-70-86np.html

Last edited:
...but you said you can't read Japanese. How will 'importing from Japan directly' help?
I originally wanted to import from Japan first but since language is Jap only I will have to import from US or other place. US NTSC or ASIA/UK/EU PAL. NZ also uses PAL btw.
But if I do buy them I will do it from the same place yes. Now to wait for official release in USA and Eu and buy from the most convenient place. I don't mind waiting as long as its worth it.
And oh the version which I want is the standard 3DS. Don't like the XL that much.

Hi! I got my new 3ds XL for ₹16400 from eBay and it's awesome! I've heard that the previous one wasn't actually that great because of the lacking super stable 3d.
Yeah, it's a bummer that the XL hasn't got that faceplates option, but still it's great. The battery does last longer than the smaller version for about 1-2 hours. I was wondering if you could share your friend code :D
BTW I have Mario Kart 7 and SS Bros.

My code- 5301-2171-8137

Hi! I got my new 3ds XL for ₹16400 from eBay and it's awesome! I've heard that the previous one wasn't actually that great because of the lacking super stable 3d.
Yeah, it's a bummer that the XL hasn't got that faceplates option, but still it's great. The battery does last longer than the smaller version for about 1-2 hours. I was wondering if you could share your friend code :D
BTW I have Mario Kart 7 and SS Bros.

My code- 5301-2171-8137
Nintendo finally released the n3DS (standard) in the U.S. (which was what I wished for) a few months ago but it comes with an Animal Crossing backplate. I want plain single color so I'm still waiting for it. I can wait because Backplates are costly accessories. :/
btw did you know about the Mugen battery for the n3DS and n3DS XL? They are awesome stuff. There is a review video on YouTube. Check it out.

• That black one is the ambassador edition available in Europe .
  • Now that I think of it, why didn't you import it from Japan? It is possible to change the language... Of course you'll have to use a certain something *wink*
  • You could import a mugen battery but be ready to spend some good cash. Although I wouldn't recommend customizing your 3ds, especially when it's a battery.

• That black one is the ambassador edition available in Europe .
  • Now that I think of it, why didn't you import it from Japan? It is possible to change the language... Of course you'll have to use a certain something *wink*
  • You could import a mugen battery but be ready to spend some good cash. Although I wouldn't recommend customizing your 3ds, especially when it's a battery.
1. Any cool-looking color is fine for me be it black white or gray
2. You can't change the default stock language of the console
3. Mugen is one of the best (if not the best) third-party battery manufacturing company. They have been tried and tested with thousands of customers all over the globe. There are two cons of the Mugen battery here though: size and price. The battery is much thicker and heavier so you wont be able to use the original Nintendo back-cover and the price is also pretty high but thats what you pay for a big battery life.

1. You haven't bought a 3ds yet?
  2. And yes you can change the language, by using a flashcart. Those things can break the region barrier. Region lock basically restricts you from using carts from different regions.
  3. Yeah, I wouldn't play with that bulky battery. Default is fine with me.
  4. And hey add me

Back