Any Gardeners in the forum

thenvk

Adept
Hi,

Recently I have started this hobby and absolutely loving it. Got some success in the first attempt after my child hood and I am very excited about it.

Mary gold seeds from Ebay

Giant Zinnia from ebay

Calindula ( Guess) from ebay

Got these today locally .. much much cheaper than ebay

Please share the forums that you visit for the gardening stuff and any other advice should be very helpful for me.

ya me into this ... growing cherry tomatoes, curry leaves at the moment. Used to do red & green chillies last year. got bored.

I just google for the particular plants for the kind of care they need... watering, sun requirement, insect protection, powder fertilizer etc... havent joined any forum.
Would love to have a large area to do this but sadly restricted to the flat balcony.

ya me into this ... growing cherry tomatoes, curry leaves at the moment. Used to do red & green chillies last year. got bored.

I just google for the particular plants for the kind of care they need... watering, sun requirement, insect protection, powder fertilizer etc... havent joined any forum.
Would love to have a large area to do this but sadly restricted to the flat balcony.
Wonderful.. I bought the cherry tomato seeds today. How easy are they to grow? Does they yield good fruits with the balcony sun? Right now, even I am using the balcony. I would shift to my new house in 6-8 months, where I have about 1000 to 1500sft open space for the gardening. Hence started trying now.. :).

Wonderful.. I bought the cherry tomato seeds today. How easy are they to grow? Does they yield good fruits with the balcony sun? Right now, even I am using the balcony. I would shift to my new house in 6-8 months, where I have about 1000 to 1500sft open space for the gardening. Hence started trying now.. :).
Google Hydroponics and aeroponics - You may find something of interest there

Where are both of you located?

1000-1500 sq ft is huge, can you do a koi pond ?

Google Hydroponics and aeroponics - You may find something of interest there

Where are both of you located?

1000-1500 sq ft is huge, can you do a koi pond ?
Both of the above two techniques seem impossible to me in INDIA.

I am from Hyderabad.

Yes planning for a small 4*4 cichlid/Molly guppy pond to one of the corner.As these are easy to take care and cheap.

Both of the above two techniques seem impossible to me in INDIA.

I am from Hyderabad.

Yes planning for a small 4*4 cichlid/Molly guppy pond to one of the corner.As these are easy to take care and cheap.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make a geometrical shape, there is so much you can do, and koi is the way to go.

Hydroponics 0 VERY EASY can do it on your window sill.

Contact a local nursery (a good one) and have them come over, trust me, it will be the best advice you will ever get (from the nursery guy), did it once in Chennai, the results were mind blowing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make a geometrical shape, there is so much you can do, and koi is the way to go.

Hydroponics 0 VERY EASY can do it on your window sill.

Contact a local nursery (a good one) and have them come over, trust me, it will be the best advice you will ever get (from the nursery guy), did it once in Chennai, the results were mind blowing.
Sure, I will contact the local nursery guys.
Check PM for the plan of the pond.

Im from delhi where its burning hot so too much direct sunlight is bad for cherry tomatoes.
Daily watering needed. even though its quite hot , its a good weather to grow many types of plants now.

Its better to pick up small plants rather than trying to start from seeds. My cherry tomato plant was 2 inches tall and bought for 30 Rs. Now its atleast 2 feet with around 10 small tomatoes as of now.

Not into small Garden. Let me know if anyone is into Organic Farming.

Starting it soon on more then 50 Acres with rain water harvesting & Drip irrigation.

Not into small Garden. Let me know if anyone is into Organic Farming.

Starting it soon on more then 50 Acres with rain water harvesting & Drip irrigation.
Where are you planning it? If it is in Hyderabad, I would be more than delighted to visit the place. Also can you post some good tips for starters like me on Seeding mix and potting mix.

Hey Guys my favorite subject tooo.... Lets keep this thread alive.... so far i have planted spinach and few vegetables ...[DOUBLEPOST=1366608978][/DOUBLEPOST]I was wondering if these things can be used for planting vegetable in horizontal fashion.
Last week i attended seminar where they displayed such walls ...

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=green wall&client=firefox-a&hs=Lo&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qst0UZOqMoWm4ATBwIHwCQ&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=616

Did you get any info on how to grow these rather than letting creepers run around walls.

Where are you planning it? If it is in Hyderabad, I would be more than delighted to visit the place. Also can you post some good tips for starters like me on Seeding mix and potting mix.

One of the master of Organic farming is in Hyderabad. This would be in western state of India. We are in touch with that person who started Organic farming at very big scale in Andhra Pradesh. Please PM me if you need his contact details.

One of the master of Organic farming is in Hyderabad. This would be in western state of India. We are in touch with that person who started Organic farming at very big scale in Andhra Pradesh. Please PM me if you need his contact details.
Please PM me his details.. I will reach out..

.... I would shift to my new house in 6-8 months, where I have about 1000 to 1500sft open space for the gardening. Hence started trying now.. :).

Lucky You! We Mumbaities stay in "rooms" that size and call them "homes" :([DOUBLEPOST=1367231699][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for sharing. Wish it works for bigger then garden. Requirement is for 50 acre+ land :)

How many of you eat Organic food ?

I have tried it, but sure is costly. Can't feed the whole family with it - budget will shootup!

Back