PC Peripherals Another Razer vs Logitech thread

Well, the title says it all. Need a gaming grade mouse.

Games i play= Specifically Unreal Tournament, and RTS

Thing looking for= Mouse feet should not wear out, Mouse shouldn't be too light(like my MS optical mouse is),good palm grip,wired.

Sensitivity is of secondary importance.

This is my first experience with a gaming mouse...i have no idea.

Plz , all the ppl who have used these mice, give your suggestions/reviews/opinions.

Budget : 4k Max (that doesnt mean i am counting MX518 out)

Either Deathadder or MX518 depending upon the shape you prefer. I'm a DA user and I can no longer use an MX518 while I know a few folks with Logitechs and they can't use a DA. Either way you can't go wrong.

i have MX518, and have used the Deathadder, liked both of them hehe. But don't forget to invest in a good mouse pad irrespective wat mouse u buy.

I love my 518 but I used to love my Coppy too lol. I think its more of a brand issue, the DA comes with truckloads of bragging rights attached, 518 has truckloads of VFM anyday! ;)

And as Saiyan said, a Steelpad QCK is the least you shud set your mouse on.

LOL, i was planning for waxpaper mousepad.

I am basically looking for a palm grip--one with the central bulge. Which is better in this respect: MX518, G5 or any Razer mouse ?

Another thing about Razer mice I want to know is, are they too light ? And does their onboard memory have anything to do with faster esponse in games or something...or is it just a marketing gimmick ?

i have purchased Razer mice always as i need light & tiny mice with high sensitivity but i hate buying Razer mice as there build quality sux :(

i recommend you to buy a Logitech MX518 :)

don't even think of buying a laser mouse either

mx 518 + steelpad :D

thats what i use...

its really good if u tend to rest your palm on the mouse... and no feet wearing in an year :D

razers tend to die out after a year or so. They're bling , but the construction isnt that sturdy. The MX 518's are IMO rock solid. I've worked on them ( as in DIY repaired/ refurbished) them for my friends . the wire bending at the part where it joins the mouse it the only issue I've seen so far(some credit there for razer. they have added moulding to prevent bending damage) . I've worked on the 3.5 generations ( MX 500/510/ 518(1600/1800dpi) ) , and found them all to be quite sturdy.

as for me , i use an MX 310. I actually bought a 518 for myself and a 310 for a friend , but ended up loving the 310 so much that i gave him the 518 :p

Back