Android phone within 22K budget..

anujgupta

Disciple
As the title suggests, looking for a new android based phone within a budget of 22K max.. Currently looking forward to the HTC Desire.. Reviews seems to be awsum, but I have doubt about
Is there any models from other brands which meet my requirements?? Please pour in your suggestions..

1. Q: Budget?
A: 22k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Anything

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: HTC, Nexus or Motorola

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 2.2

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G+Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC Desire

aercy said:
Here in Kolkata, the Samsung dealers are saying that Galaxy S has been discontinued; I am not sure if it's so, but coming from the dealers ... maybe true.

As for Moto Defy, few things kept me from buying it, no out of the box Android 2.2 Froyo (it runs on 2.1, Updated due for 2nd Quarter), 256k colours on such a good Res-ed display & no HD recording!!!! Then why pay 18.5k for it??
isnt defy 16m colors??????thats whats up on specsheets in most sites.u sure its 256k????

aercy said:
Here in Kolkata, the Samsung dealers are saying that Galaxy S has been discontinued; I am not sure if it's so, but coming from the dealers ... maybe true.

As for Moto Defy, few things kept me from buying it, no out of the box Android 2.2 Froyo (it runs on 2.1, Updated due for 2nd Quarter), 256k colours on such a good Res-ed display & no HD recording!!!! Then why pay 18.5k for it??

I will tell you why the Defy is a good deal:

1.No other phone(from a reputed company, at least) has specs anywhere near this at this price point or even a few thousands above it.

2.Cortex A8 is overclockable upto 1.3 GHz, and runs stable at 1 GHz

3.The ability to withstand shocks and waterproof nature

4.3.7 inch gorilla glass display with 480x854 resolution at this price. This may not be an AMOLED or SAMOLED but this display was widely praised by critics in review of the original milestone. I think it is a 16M color display, not 256k.

5.Runs eclair(stock) but a lot of custom roms are already available for defy. since the internals of the phone are a bit similar to the milestone, which has a huge modding community, there wont be shortage of custom ROMs

6.MotoBLUR live widgets are removable if you have any problem with them.

7.Decent cam with autofocus and flash, and no major faults.

Overall, an excellent phone to fill the long open gap of 17-19k android phones, and provides the best bang for the buck at this range.

rhlravi said:
I will tell you why the Defy is a good deal:
1.No other phone(from a reputed company, at least) has specs anywhere near this at this price point or even a few thousands above it.
2.Cortex A8 is overclockable upto 1.3 GHz, and runs stable at 1 GHz
3.The ability to withstand shocks and waterproof nature
4.3.7 inch gorilla glass display with 480x854 resolution at this price. This may not be an AMOLED or SAMOLED but this display was widely praised by critics in review of the original milestone. I think it is a 16M color display, not 256k.
5.Runs eclair(stock) but a lot of custom roms are already available for defy. since the internals of the phone are a bit similar to the milestone, which has a huge modding community, there wont be shortage of custom ROMs
6.MotoBLUR live widgets are removable if you have any problem with them.
7.Decent cam with autofocus and flash, and no major faults.
Overall, an excellent phone to fill the long open gap of 17-19k android phones, and provides the best bang for the buck at this range.
Dude can u comment on the sound quality of the phone

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

does any one have any idea on when are the MWC phones going to be available in India
i mean the atrix,optimus 2x and so on
cos they will bring in new options and will also make the current options cheaper
thats the only thing keeping me waiting right now
and the wait is driving me crazy

Dark Prince said:
Dude can u comment on the sound quality of the phone

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

does any one have any idea on when are the MWC phones going to be available in India

i mean the atrix,optimus 2x and so on

cos they will bring in new options and will also make the current options cheaper

thats the only thing keeping me waiting right now

and the wait is driving me crazy
That only time will tell. They will come to the other countries in 1-2 months and probably after 1-2 more months to India(just my guess). Dont worry, you are not waiting alone bro ;) . There are many to give you company.

mrinalpuri said:
i'm buying defy in next 2 days...so its a defy from my side....:p

+1 to defy
even i have closed in on defy over the others and the Desire HD
i can live with a slightly slower proccy,RAM n a slightly smaller screen.
also i'm not much into clicking high def pics so 5mp is ok for me
But the ruggedness and way better battery life got me going for the defy
NOW.......just wait for the prices to drop :p:p:p

Yeah .... I didn't know that either, that's weird. A device costing 20k, sporting 5mp Cap & yet no flash. Totally unacceptable. Any Phone beyond the price 15k is actually expected to have a flash!!!

Back