Android phone under 350$(US)

nj_gamer

Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 350$(US) Will be getting it through a friend from US

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Best display possible under this budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I'd prefer HTC, SONY and to a least extent Samsung. No LG

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a minimum 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows, Blackberry).
A: ONLY Android, Would prefer MIUI official support.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: ALL

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, internet, occasional gaming, photography, High speaker noise

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require Dual SIM

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Have Sony Xperia P in mind...

Also , just want to know if I'll get international warranty.

No international warranty. If any issue arises they you would have bear the repair expenses and that too if that handset is unavailable in India it would be even more difficult to even get it repaired!
For that price you can opt for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~ $350 direct from google play store. has a 4.65" HD SAMOLED display. This will at least have 12 month US warranty.
Else you can try to get get a Motorola Atrix HD for that price point. Has a HD display. New unlocked ones costs anywhere between $340 to $375.But these doesn't have even US warranty with them.
A unlocked One X in mint condition is also in your budget. It has a 4.7" HD SLCD2 display and is among the best displays in the market.

If Xperia P is what you want you can get it for ~17.5k locally from ebay india with serve pro warranty. It is not manufacturer warranty but a 3rd party warranty.

Firstly, thanks for the patient reply.

Can you recommend some good online stores....I was browsing at newegg and found only Sony Xperia p to be a good deal...

Also can I take the serve pro warranty separately?

The Galaxy nexus is a really good deal, and I'm sure it has a strong dev support... but I feel the 4.65 inch screen is too big.

I was intrigued by the white magic technology in Xperia P. But not sure about the build quality..also I feel 4 inch screen is good enough...

I'm not into Motorola products as they are officially out of India. So service, if needed would be a big hassle.at least the Sony , Samsung and HTC have a presence here.

I'll look in into the nexus, just wondering if the nexus being almost a year old, would it be a disadvantage?

I couldn't find the htc one x for the 350 price range...can you help me in locating it?

Regards,
Nj

You can check ebay.com. There are deals for used phones.
HTC One x 16GB White Unlocked Smartphone | eBay
HTC One x PJ83100 Very Good Condition Dark Grey at T Smartphone 821793025212 | eBay

Good condition used phones for $350 or so.

AFAIK you can't take serve pro warranty for a phone separately. The seller should bundle it as in case of ebay or if you are buying from maniac store you should buy it along with a new phone.

In newegg Xperia P costs ~$309 which is ~16.4k or so if USD is Rs.53. It doesn't have any warranty in India.

xperia P | eBay

Xperia P with seller available in India ebay from 17k and you can get a further discount of 1k. Some sellers give only s/w warranty. The ones with serve pro warranty costs ~17.8k after 1k discount BRAND NEW SONY XPERIA P LT22i SILVER"ANDROID 4.0 UPGRADABLE" 3G NFC HSDPA MOBILE | eBay

So it makes sense to buy it in India rather than US since at least you get some kind of warranty cover by spending ~1.5k more and if you dont want any warranty you can get it for cheaper!

Back