Android Phone For Development Max 20K

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys,

Due to unforseen circumstances, I have to buy an Android Device now. This one is partly for Development and partly for Daily Usage.

I dont want it to have great Music Qualty, as I already have a Clip+ for that..

I was about to buy the Omnia W or E6, BUT got an offer to do an Android App for a Company, and so need a Droid now.

Wont buy a recent release as Prices tend to fall soon.. (As has happened with my x10 Mini)

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15-20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: AMOLED if possible, else TFT or SC-LCD

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera min. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android with ICS(As Update)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: All Covered

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Android App Development, Mail, Internet,Camera(once a while)

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: It should have a Slim yet Sturdy body. Battery Life should last through the day with Internet around 1 Hr, and Mail. 100 Messages all day, Calls about 30min.. Not so heavy..

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None.

yea if O2X is not available then my 2nd option is Galaxy R but my budget is strictly 19k - 20k & locally the best deal im getting is 22k.

So any online store with COD option suits by budget for R ???

still got a week left, finger crossed for O2X

keep posting your BAD & GOOD experience with the phone, it will help me to decide
<

Thank God, i got it just in time.

Congrats! I see that you have already started the publicity/advertisement drive for the phone on other threads too
<
!

Yeah Buddy..

Regarding Pros and Cons. Let me list out:

PROS:

1)Superb Screen with great Sunlight Legibility

2)1GB RAM - Run many apps,widgets and have all 7 screens simultaneoulsy without LAG

3)Great Battery Life- Should last 2 -3 Days at the current drain rate

[All I do is about 200 Texts a Day+ 2-3hrs WiFi + 30min to 1Hr of Calls + 10 Snaps+ background Data and Sync On(With WIfi), other time, they are off. R8 now at 69% after 17hrs,which is just awesome!!!+2G ONLY Mode+GPS off]

4) In call Quality is AWESOME!!

5) Yet to test Music player, as I already have my Sansa Clip+ for this
<

6) Samsung apps offers few games and apps for FREE.

7)Good Pair of Earphones Bundled - Almost equivalent to my Creative EP630, except for the Punchy Bass that it provided.

8)Has USB On the Go Support - Havent tried.

CONS:

1)Very Little DEV Support - ONLY one ROM till date, no CM etc. But will get ICS. Kernel for OC and UV available, so Dont care much

2) Only 5MP cam with 720P rec. - I dont care much about the Cam. Cam quality is good for the size, but images tend to get blurred even on slight movement. 720p rec,yet to test

If it had the 8MP cam sensor of the S2, it would have been an Instant Hit!!

3) Cheap Build Quality. - Using a Capadase Knock-off Case. It is serving me well

4) Screen is not Corning Gorilla Glass!! And it tends to get scratched if not used without screen guard. Fortunately, I noticed it with the Demo Piece, and added a Screen Guard before I even started using the phone

5)Slow ICS update., but not slower then LG!! - I mean Officially

6)I felt the Fonts are a Bit too Big!!- Wouldve been better with an 854x480 or 960x540 px screen. But present one will do fine..

7)No HDMI Connection/connector available. MHL to HDMI wont work..

Will post more in the i9103 thread soon..

yea if O2X is not available then my 2nd option is Galaxy R but my budget is strictly 19k - 20k & locally the best deal im getting is 22k.

Its available locally for around 21k at E-Mall,Chandni Chowk (they quote 22 k but after very little bargaining
<
say they will reduce it to around 21k ) but I guess they might agree to a bigger discount If U and I get it together... What Say ??

O2x is available nowhere
<
On the other hand they are hell bent on selling me SGS+
<

Its available locally for around 21k at E-Mall,Chandni Chowk (they quote 22 k but after very little bargaining
<
say they will reduce it to around 21k ) but I guess they might agree to a bigger discount If U and I get it together... What Say ??

O2x is available nowhere
<
On the other hand they are hell bent on selling me SGS+
<

yea sure ...if we can get it on 20k, im really interested ...probably buying it after next sunday.

where do u live ???

<

21k is still a good price for the O2x. You may get it reduced even further by bargaining more. It is totally worth it. I love installing custom ROMs and kernels and mods on my O2x, which are much better than the stock ROMs. You will not be able to do this with the Galaxy R. It has only one ROM so far and will never have customizability anywhere near the O2x in the near future at least.

they are hell bent on selling me SGS+
<

Lol, that happened with me too. When i went to purchase an O2x, in many shops they said "LG phones dont sell because they have problems. SGS+ is best. Go for that."

When i asked them what are the problems in LG phones, and what is so good in SGS+ compared to the O2x, they said that "It is fast" and it is "best". They dont know anything about phones, but they will try to sell phones which have a higher profit margin, or are in stock (Just like one shop once said that i will get all graphic cards at 2000/- off if i come the next day. He simply said that because he didnt have them in stock that day
<
).

The smart consumer makes his decision before entering the shopkeeper, while the other one makes it after being fooled by the salesman. (Honestly, he even said that the Galaxy Ace is "best" too).

21k is still a good price for the O2x. You may get it reduced even further by bargaining more. It is totally worth it. I love installing custom ROMs and kernels and mods on my O2x, which are much better than the stock ROMs. You will not be able to do this with the Galaxy R. It has only one ROM so far and will never have customizability anywhere near the O2x in the near future at least.

Ooops I meant Galaxy R and not O2x... O2x unavailable or too costly in Kolkata

yea sure ...if we can get it on 20k, im really interested ...probably buying it after next sunday.

where do u live ???

Ygpm btw I quoted the price for Galaxy R

Back