Android 80% vs iOS 14% lets have some fun comments :)

<insert an appropriate fun comment here>

i for one didn't find any part of this funny , it just shows who's doing well in their niche market

you cant compare open ecosystem with closed and totally monopolized ecosystem :)

sigh !!

nobody grabs a pop corn anymore in here whenever such thread appears.
Most of the non-n00b users know the outcome of this topic and nobody gives a damn about it.
Everyone happy with their phones/OS'es - and let them be.

Not really a proper comparison -- iOS is pushed by 1 manufacturer vs Android pushed by god-knows-how-many manufacturers. Still with a few devices, launched yearly, Apple is at a respectable position (which might nosedive a bit more in the next quarters) in terms of OS market share. M$ might eat a bit of iOS share provided they update WP8 sooner than later.

nice...everyone is saying that no1 cares...but seems each one does care enough...

:) it should be obvious from the thread though that I am absolutely elated by the unprecedented progress made by android by gobbling up you know who

Not really a proper comparison -- iOS is pushed by 1 manufacturer vs Android pushed by god-knows-how-many manufacturers. Still with a few devices, launched yearly, Apple is at a respectable position (which might nosedive a bit more in the next quarters) in terms of OS market share. M$ might eat a bit of iOS share provided they update WP8 sooner than later.

I never get why often people tend to use this one manufacturer vs many argument. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Is anybody stopping Apple from licensing and letting other manufacturers use their OS? If no one is stopping them and its their own business decision not to do that, then why would this be an improper comparison. They simply have different business strategies.
While iOS relies on high hardware prices and marketing tactics to make people believe that the price is justified, Android on the other hand relies on providingd choice of handsets and value at various price points.

<insert an appropriate fun comment here>

i for one didn't find any part of this funny , it just shows who's doing well in their niche market

you cant compare open ecosystem with closed and totally monopolized ecosystem :)
iPad is still leading in the tablet segment.

In that article, can you show me HOW android tablets outshipped iPad in Q2 2013 ?

apple 42.7% market share

samsung (21.6%) + Amazon (4.5%) + lenovo (4.3%) + acer (4.3%) = 34.7 %

42.7% >> 34.7%

= ipad still leading over android in the tablet segment.
haha a quick change in comment? 42.7 is clearly less than 100-42.7

Well 'others" isn't quite clear to me. Which OSes are they talking about.

Do m$ tablets figure in those worldwide sales or not ? blackberry isn't mentioned either.

So yeah :p

While iOS relies on high hardware prices and marketing tactics to make people believe that the price is justified, Android on the other hand relies on providingd choice of handsets and value at various price points.
Yeah, iOS users are the most unsatisfied customers too.

All iOS users are idiots and they only buy iOS devices because Apple is brilliant at marketing.
True. The first thing iOS users want to do after buying an Apple device is to throw it away. However, the marketing makes them buy it all over again.

Shouldn't be the topic be Android vs iOS (500$-650$ Smartphones only) ???

or shouldn't it be Android vs iOS turnover :p

1 iOS ~~ 4 mid-range Android phones

All iOS users are idiots and they only buy iOS devices because Apple is brilliant at marketing.

I see. Does that make yourself one? Considering you've had several iPhones before and sold some of them on the forums. :p

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/iphone-3g-16-gb-white.80160/

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/iphone-2g-8-gb.80161/

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/iphone-3g-8gb.76069/

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/ipad-16-gb.94841/

If my memory serves me right, you used to be a loyal iPhone user before, had posted a lot on the forums and calling all the iOS users as idiots?! Not cool man.

Last edited:
Poor WP8 users with no apps to enjoy. Must be feeling left out of this conversation.

On the plus side, they can act as spectators and referees.

Back