Graphic Cards AMD ZeroCore very useful for 24/7 systems.

sanjiv

Disciple
I had to make a thread on a very useful feature present in AMD CGN GPU's called AMD ZEROCORE POWER now this is very useful to save electricity specially when ur rig is also used for downloading 24/7. Simply putting SCREEN OFF timing in windows management reduces the video cards operations and in effect switches off part of the GPU while your download continues in the back ground.

This fact turned out to be very useful when I downloaded 4 games off steam other than DOTA2 all games downloaded without any issues. DOTA2 also was related to an update and not the cards fault in anyway so AMD's Zerocore is in the clear.

Just be sure the screen does not have anything active on the screen and is static for example blinking cursor, etc will make the zerocore ineffective.

As for the power savings the difference I measured is about 10-13W with a single HD7770, people think that AMD Zerocore is just for CF configs which is wrong thus this thread to inform the uninformed. Its defiantly a plus when you want to download something overnight and something that Nvidia does not have maybe they will get an alternative with Maxwell.

Back