CPU/Mobo AMD Dealers for X2 3800+

Daedelus

Disciple
Guys can u help me out. I'm looking for a amd x2 3800+ from a good amd dealers at mumbai.:sos: :sos: :sos:
Can you'll give me some contact numbers of some good dealers.
I contacted prime abgb at mumbai and they said they dont have it.
I tried at some other shops (at lamington road, mumbai) and the rates quoted were 22.5k and 24.5k :mad: :mad: :mad:
Now thats :O :O :O quiet a..............

So guys help me out.

dude my budget max is 34k for a cpu(x2),mobo(NF4-ultra),hdd(160gb),ram,graphic card(gF 6600GT-128mb) .

I just want the contact numbers of amd dealers (good ones).

NF4 Ultra - ASUS A8N-E costs approx 5.5K
160GB Segate SATA Rs4300
6600GT Approx 9K
Ram Twinmos - 2050x2 for 1GB - 2x512MB

Now see how much do u have for ur CPU.
I have quoted u the rates which i got when i just built my rig a week ago.

Good Dealers
Prime ABGB , Comp Sel , Cassette World , Apex Enterprise , Kunhar for VIP.

I can get you a X2 3800+ for 21K... It comes with indian warrenty of 3 years... If interested then post here.. And plz dont ask me for the dealers name... I am in Noida and will get this for you from here...

Anish said:
BTW, your Quad's new best freind na ? :p

OT : :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

topic : try to get a 3700+ SD, one of TE's members are selling ehre...u might fit it in!

Now I dont know what you intend to use this for....but if its games mainly then get d 3700 or 3000(new) and oc d hell out of them and use the saved/extra cash for much better GFX card!

Cheers!

I plan to use the pc for a/v encoding and ripping plus a lot of gaming....

The Pentium D 830 3.0ghz which should have the same approx price of x2 3800+ costs just a 16-17k. wow that shocked me..... but its true.....

Also quad--

Prime ABGB-they said they dont have x2 3800+

Comp Sel- they quoted 24.5k

Cassette World- they quoted 23.5k

Plug-n-play- they quoted 20.5k (which i feel they may change to 24k when i come to buy it.....)

So guys do you'll know of anyone else ?

Also i dont plan to go for a ausu a8n-e mobo i'm thinkin of

FoxConn Winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (N-Force 4 Ultra Chipset) which i'm getting for 4.7k at mediatech. I find that the foxy offers firewire which the asus doesnt and that seems to be the only difference betwee the two mobo's. Any comments on this. ?

Daedelus said:
I plan to use the pc for a/v encoding and ripping plus a lot of gaming....
The Pentium D 830 3.0ghz which should have the same approx price of x2 3800+ costs just a 16-17k. wow that shocked me..... but its true....

Good luck in getting a good MOBO for the Pentium D in under 12K :tongue: The problem with the Pentium D is that only the 945 and upward chipsets support it and the MOBOs cost 12K and upward.

Agree that the X2 costs higher but u get solid MOBOs for 5.5K ( A8N-E ) and if u work it out, both cost the same.

And until Pressler arrives, X2 is gonna kick Pentium Ds A**.

The mobo for Pentium D is available for 5.7k at any shop but its a Baby-ATX The mobo is Intel 945GTPL while the Intel 945GNT costs 6.9k.

Guys comment on which is better... the foxconn mobo or the asus mobo mentioned above....

Also any contact no's of AMD dealers :sos

Are u really gonna use the firewire port.
If not ASUS neday as its been used by lot of ppl on TE.
Also ASUS has gr8 support here.

Firewire expansion cards might be available [i really dont have a idea abt this]
U can use that if u require the firewire port.

Its upto u to decided A8N-E is a gr8 mobo.
No idea about foxconn [As i havent seen it nor i have i tried to read about it]

The foxconn is a very good motherboard as far as performance and even overclocking is concerned. Foxconn is the worlds largest manufacturer of computer components like connectors, motherboards and were mainly supplying major companies. They have just entered the retail market. I would definitely get that, ASUS is overpriced. Nothing is known about the warranty though - so maybe good or bad.

Another option is the brilliant Asrock 939dual sata2 Uli chipset motherboard. Awesome upgrade path and very cheap too - Rs3500. Not to mention great performance and reliability. And the features for the price is simply unmatched.

Raghu.

Hold on a second!

Do NOT! Get the Pentium D, you will repent.

I spent a good 400 Dollars for the Mobo and Proccessor (Pentium D 820)

At Stock, it gives me 50 - 60 FPS in CS Source MAX! with an x800 xl, only after my 3.73 Ghz OC does it give me my full potential of my Gfx Card, but with crazy drops.

So unless you want to use Exotic Cooling and OC to 3.73 Ghz, DONT buy it)

If you were thinking about it that is.

And until Pressler arrives, X2 is gonna kick Pentium Ds A**.

Who told you that?

I dont even this Presler will keep up with the X2's.

Guys Pressler and Cedar Mill are just gonna solve the heat and noise issues of Intel. The real deal is Conroe which wont be out untill Q306 and God only knows when its gonna arrive here !!! . Untill then AMD rocks.

Guys I still need help with some good AMD dealers and their contact numbers fast........

Guys, Pressler and Cedar mill only solved the heat and noise issues of Intel. Conroe is the real deal and it'll release in q306 and God knows when its gonna come here. Untill then AMD rocks.

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2655

Check this out....
THe x2 3800+ retails for 322$ equivalent to rs.14k approx... so with the tax and stuff like that it should rise to a max of 17k-18k. But..........

Guys i still need help with good amd dealers at mumbai with their contact numbers.......... :sos

^ You forgot the extra 'cut' dealers tend to take on higher-end hardware, which is why the price tends to sky-rocket.

Also the X2 3800+ is not the official entry level X2 chip from AMD.. the X2 4200+ has been positioned as their entry level chip. So if at all you find the X2 3800+ expect it to be overpriced.

yup wait for conroe or watever with the 4mb cache. the presler can beat amd on gaming only with "special" patches(read optimizations):hap2:

Back