Amazing Customer Support from Amazon !!!

tech.addict

Skilled
This to inform you about the ultra high quality and standards of customer support provided by Amazon.com.

I bought a Amazon KIndle 2G (refurbished) from Amazon on on August for 90$ and got it shipped through SnS. On arrival of the unit (which was factory sealed) I noticed that the charger is missing in the package. I contacted the customer care and they asked to return the package for replacement/refund. I told them that I'm in India and returning the same would cost me 20-30$. They asked me if I'm happy with a partial refund, I said "yes" and an immediate refunf of 30$ was made.

Now today morning the Kindle screen froze. Resetting it did not work. I almost gave up hope and was thinking of buying a replacement screen from ebay. But at the last moment I contacted Amazon Customer Care though without any hope. They lisned to my problem, checked my order history and issued me a replacement immediately. But wait it's not the end. They will send it to India at their own cost through priority courier, pay any customs duty for it. The total order cost is about 390$ which is free for me :clap: .

I will have to return the Kindle within 30 days after receipt of the replacement to them. But can you imagine - they will refund the international shipping charge to me :eek:hyeah: . If I don't return within 30 days my card will be charged for the replacement provided by Amazon. I can choose any courier of my choice - no restriction there.

All of the above happened within 10 minutes of chat.

I'm pretty amazed with the quality of customer support provided by Amazon. I'll buy more and more thing from Amazon, even if they are costlier than ebay.

Sorry for a long post but I thought that I should share my experience with the community.

Kudos to amazon!

I think Indian companies can never match these standards. I wonder what is it about customer service that most of Indian companies suck at it. I think its due to weak laws & to the fact it takes many years for courts to deliver judgement in simple case, so companies get away with it:mad:
Hoping when Amazon comes to india, they follow these standards:hap2:

Just wait for a few more months , Amazon India (hyderabad) is gearing up to shake Indian online shoping scenario.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bought from my account and shipped through SnS. SnS do not buy anything for you - they are just a shipping service, part of Aramex.

6pack said:
did you buy it from your account and get it shipped to sns address? or did sns buy it for you?

I am not amazed with @archat68's experience... Amazon is know for their customer service. Some time back I had the privilege of working as a Customer Service Manager for Amazon.com from India and remember my days of giving out freebies to upset customers and delight them. Customers in Amazon are treated with royalty.

Just because of their customer support, I have decided that once Amazon comes to India, I will but only from them, even if it's costlier.

Since you were Amazon CC, can you clarify whether this type of service is for the Kindle only or for all of their products. Also, I understand that Amazon will be responsible for replacement for products sold by direct by Amazon not by other sellers - right?

cooling_dexter said:
I am not amazed with @archat68's experience... Amazon is know for their customer service. Some time back I had the privilege of working as a Customer Service Manager for Amazon.com from India and remember my days of giving out freebies to upset customers and delight them. Customers in Amazon are treated with royalty.

Similar thing happened with my friend couple of months ago. He bought Kindle 3 WiFi from Amazon and he accidentally dropped it and the display stopped working. He called CC to inquire about replacement and the cost involved. But to his surprise, they sent him a brand new Kindle within 2 days delivered to his house in Delhi. And he has not yet returned his broken Kindle :O
I think in such cases they might be checking the history of customer to decide the level of 'discounts' to offer him/her. My friend is avid reader and has bought quite a few books through Amazon for his Kindle which cost $100+ within his first 6-8 months. But if they provide same service to each and every customer, then hats off to them!
Though I doubt if they would provide the same type of service when they launch in India. Because we don't have the same kind of pro-consumer legal system and quite a few cheap Indians will take unnecessary advantage of such service forcing them to change their approach anyways :(

^^ I've bought quite a few things from Amazon but not many books.

And yes they confirmed today that I need not to send back the defective one.

This might also be a pre-launch word of mouth marketing they are trying to indulge in. That way, they get a customer base even before they launch!

agantuk said:
This might also be a pre-launch word of mouth marketing they are trying to indulge in. That way, they get a customer base even before they launch!
well thats a very far fetched thought my friend, may turn out to be true eventually :p

Not to state the obvious but guys do keep in mind that this was for Amazoin's own product, their Customer Service might not be so awesome for products where Amazon is just the distributor. Just saying.

I had also a great experience from Amazon. I bought a few film BDs from them and shipped them directly to India. But as it got delayed, they refunded the shipping charges to me. I also got replies from them within a few hours. :)

Well i had a brilliant experience with the customer service today. I had ordered a silverstone case when i was in NZ and shipped it to my friend who got it to India a week back. The case has hot swapable drives which lock in, one of the drive bays was not closing properly as the lock was damaged. I fixed it using a peice of plastic and some super glue which made the case perfectly usable. Neither my friend or me have a clue how it was damaged as the drive bay is protector by a metal door.

I had mailed amazon informing them the same ,the customer serice rep told either return the case to US or he can refund 30% of the cost. I replied back saying shipping is not a viable option and i have closed my NZ credit card. Got a mail 30 mins back saying they have refunded the total cost of the case as a gift card to my account. Below is the content of the mail.

Hello,

I understand your concern about returning and refund of the item.

There's no need to concern, no need to return the damaged items you received. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I never expected them to return the entire cost. Wish companies in India have same attitude towards customer service.

This is the picture of the broken part

imageikd.jpg

All i did was stuck a small peice of plastic at the broken area and it works totally fine.

Edit: Not able to post image here :S. Here is the direct link: http://img257.imageshack.us/i/imageikd.jpg/

Back