Laptops Amazing Android Tablet for Indians

Re: Amazing Android Tablet for Indian's

Olive Pad is a Double Yuck ;) Its a cheap chinese / taiwanese rebranded tablet. If you want , i can dig up photos for you :)

I'm no fan of the iPad either... looking forward to the Notion Ink Tablet

26k for a chinese android tablet? when a few more k's will get you a much better laptop, netbook, or even an awesome mobile phone..Really, i'd not get this even if it was priced at 8-10k..

but, this MID is same as Viewsonic's one and it has got very promising reviews!! i feel that the price is good, and it does not matter where it's manufactured, as even ipad is manufactured in china.

i would say a zillion + yuck for the olive pad .. chinese product stamped with an indian name .. the ipad is a zillion years ahead of the olive pad .. 26k !!! wow .pure waste of money !

forget the software .. ull be lucky if the hardware on this thing works after a few weeks of use .. the cheap battery might probably explode in ur face to begin with

the ipad may not be the best but really this olve pad sucks .. the blackberry playbook looks promising.

even the galaxy s tablet looks better than this thing

Based on some reviews - OlivePad is not so bad product, but at the price it does not make much sense.

IPad is also not so good at what price it commands, but WTH it is an Apple product and for some it counts!

I would not like to be caught with OlivePad, especially if I have to buy it at that price.

for 23-24k US price ...ipad is a decent buy for a tablet + the technology is wayyy better .. only the software is too closed for some .. but still design wise an ipad is the best tablet out now .. cant say if it will remain the best .

khanvis2009 said:
i would say a zillion + yuck for the olive pad .. chinese product stamped with an indian name .. the ipad is a zillion years ahead of the olive pad .. 26k !!! wow .pure waste of money !

forget the software .. ull be lucky if the hardware on this thing works after a few weeks of use .. the cheap battery might probably explode in ur face to begin with

the ipad may not be the best but really this olve pad sucks .. the blackberry playbook looks promising.

even the galaxy s tablet looks better than this thing
i have seen more Apple products explode than any other product till 2day, n yeah Samsung Galaxy Tab is awesome, but try buying that in India , i bet it will cost u above 35k when n if it comes, n what does Ipad have really, no USB , no Adobe flash, no Camera, no Phone, besides this has Android OS which i say is anytime better than iOS

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rocky_pratik said:
Yep Ipad anytime in this price.
since when did Ipad cost 26k ???

also it turns out that Olive is a American Company, so plzz stop the Chinese market Crap

Actually OlivePad is not bad.

Many of use have prejudice against Indian products. Its Indian, so it must be bad rebranded chinese products.

Croma store in Mumbai has it, so it must be available in other outlets of croma. Go and check it out. Its not bad as you think to be honest. I am not saying its not as bad as one might think, its not bad, period. Built quality, feel, smoothness of operation are all right on the money. The price is steep for a tablet, but again this is voice + 3G ready device. If they reduce the price by 3k or so, it will be very good bang for the buck.

nikolain said:
i have seen more Apple products explode than any other product till 2day, n yeah Samsung Galaxy Tab is awesome, but try buying that in India , i bet it will cost u above 35k when n if it comes, n what does Ipad have really, no USB , no Adobe flash, no Camera, no Phone, besides this has Android OS which i say is anytime better than iOS

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

since when did Ipad cost 26k ???

also it turns out that Olive is a American Company, so plzz stop the Chinese market Crap
why dont u spend ur money and buy the olive pad since u dont like any criticism against it .. then update us all on how awesome it is ..then u can judge for urself whos advise is right and ipad does cost 24k for 16gb wifi in the US .

go to chroma spend 26k and come back and tell us all how fantastic the product is whe compared to ipad, playbook or galaxy s tab ..

all i wanted to say was, when a company makes a attempt to put something out on the market, dont just give a verdict without using it. and yeah 24k for ipad in USA not INDIA remember that. we live in India.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Olive Pad is a Double Yuck ;) Its a cheap chinese / taiwanese rebranded tablet. If you want , i can dig up photos for you :)

I'm no fan of the iPad either... looking forward to the Notion Ink Tablet
@Dhruvrock ~ What is so special about Notion Ink Tablet which makes it better buy from Olivepad and Ipad.

nikolain said:
all i wanted to say was, when a company makes a attempt to put something out on the market, dont just give a verdict without using it. and yeah 24k for ipad in USA not INDIA remember that. we live in India.
would give them + points if they had manufactured it . but if these guys import this and put their label on it ..its just like cheap chinese phones like micromax, carbonn etc. that have come into the market

it would be value for money if it was 15k but no way should u spend 26k on this cause no matter how impressive it looks the hardware wont last long .

what about the indigenous tablet to be released by Central Government early next year for $30. What's the difference in features compared to this one ??

Back