Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
-D.Payne- said:
Well, it's a second Sony A850 and a Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* AF 85mm f1.4 lens. :D :D

Don't have time for photos right now, but I'll upload them on Monday just for kicks. :D
Congrats but what happened to the first A850

-D.Payne- said:
Well, it's a second Sony A850 and a Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* AF 85mm f1.4 lens. :D :D

Don't have time for photos right now, but I'll upload them on Monday just for kicks. :D
Congratsssss buddy...

lagta hai Payne cam Hawas ka shikaar ho gaya hai...

PS : Mod dont send me warning for using Hindi..

^^ Do you want AF tubes or MF tubes ?

MF tubes are for 800 bucks from ebay.in

Af tubes are also available for around 5k or so.

@adder: Even at 19.5k, the Sony A230 is sh!t. :/ The Nikon D3000 or Canon 1000D are much better cameras. 25k though is a great price for the EPL-1 which is a cracker of a small camera. Highly reco'ed!

-D.Payne- said:
@adder: Even at 19.5k, the Sony A230 is sh!t. :/ The Nikon D3000 or Canon 1000D are much better cameras. 25k though is a great price for the EPL-1 which is a cracker of a small camera. Highly reco'ed!
No i am not getting the A230,already they announced replacement cameras with 14mp sensor that dates back to A350 but is it better then the older A200/300.BTW what are your thoughts on sony NEX.

So what camera would you guys suggest for me? I am just starting out with Photography (aspiring commercial photographer) The photos I take are mainly in low light, indoors. Hardly any sports, wildlife and nature. I also end up taking alot of black and white photos. I am currently using a Nikon Coolpix L20. And I feel I can take better photos with a better camera. As for the Budget under 30k or 20k? Or if i can get a good second hand camera.

P.S- Sorry if this is in the wrong section i didn't know where else to post this. :p

From 20-30K, you have the entry level canon and nikon cameras which are very good VFM. Read some earlier pages of this thread to see what's been discussed :)

Yeah did that but now i am really confused......Which is best out of these?

1. Nikon D3000

2. Nikon D1000

3. Canon EOS 450

4. Canon EOS 1000D ?

Which of these has the widest scope for lenses? And also i was thinking of picking up a second hand camera do you know any websites apart from ebay?

Try the JJ mehta forums:

Buy and Sell

All the camera's have their pro's and cons. The Nikon ones you mentioned have better grip, slightly better ISO performance. A big con is the absence of AF motor on the body for the Nikon cameras you have narrowed down, making lens upgrade a slightly expensive proposition.

If you can shell out 40-42k you can get a new Nikon D90 body, combined with second hand lens. The extra money is definitely worth over the choices listed above.

I am confused about Nikon D90 with 18-105 VR lens kit / Canon 550D Kit / Nikon D5000 kit.

Nikon d90 18-105 kit is too tempting, for the time being I will only need a prime lens for my needs.

Canon has better presence, resale value, price advantage for further lenses in India.

D5000 is just super VFM.

So super duperly confused, can friends throw some guiding light :p

BTW my budget is 1000 US$ will be getting from US around end august or september, as a friend is arriving.

Aces170 said:
Try the JJ mehta forums:

Buy and Sell

All the camera's have their pro's and cons. The Nikon ones you mentioned have better grip, slightly better ISO performance. A big con is the absence of AF motor on the body for the Nikon cameras you have narrowed down, making lens upgrade a slightly expensive proposition.

If you can shell out 40-42k you can get a new Nikon D90 body, combined with second hand lens. The extra money is definitely worth over the choices listed above.

40k....Its that good eh? We'll ill have to think about that.....Also people say that the Canon 1000D is a bit uncomfortable, Is that True? Thing is i am Left-Handed and I know that's not a big factor in the decision process but it dose play a small role.

Also i will need a Fish-eye lens know how much they cost?

What about the D90 in Grey?

lefty, hardly matters guess, i am lefty too but learning right-handed operation is easy

the ergonomics of nikon are generally considered better, they are bigger, have a better grip, and the canon cameras have the rotating dial on the index finger, nikon on the thumb, that makes quite a difference.

Fisheye - expensive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back