Airtel launches 4G services

one thing is pretty much clear. You can't expect the Lte to be cheaper. You would have to buy a highly priced pack to get something like 18Gb for 1500 in coming days. Infotel can bring some affordable plans but not **cheaper** and moreover the Usb dongle cost is also too much. Looking forward at what Aircel,augere, Tikona has to offer. Period.

Just wait & watch for Reliance to launch in July 2012. They are going to break the Market. Remember phones for 501 Rs ?

Insider talk is Reliance will offer 1 GB for 10 Rs
<
, 50 GB plan for 500 Rs... ummm I guess whole of TE will take it.

Airtel is launching at rapid speed (soon in Bangalore) to grab as many as possible before big Ambani launches.

But feel the 3G rates have been lowered by Docomo.Dont know how they managed to do that.

I am using a pack where the effective rate is 96 bucks for 720 mb.

#[member='Praks'] You should be kidding. First of all this Lte is not a normal wireline broadband connection so that give per gb for 10bucks. The Lte equipment have limitations. If people keep on buying a gb at rs 10 & download 100's of Gb's their network will ultimately collapse.

You can expect a GB to be as less as Rs.60 considering you buy an amount of 10gb+.

3G/4G/Lte are not alternatives to wired broadband. They are other ways to stay connected to the web. Post fup speeds like 128kbps are pathetic and Cannot be called as broadband either. 512kbps is okay! Infotel should be giving tough competition to airtel in coming days but you can't seriously expect 50gb plan from them either. It's going to be shared network and ultimately the end user Ends up getting 10-15mbps. Thats why they said its 5 times faster than present 3G.

Those articles on Toi are just assumptions. There is no way they can provide a Gb for Rs.10

The reasons why you can expect a Affordable plans on Lte are:

1. 30-40% cheaper spectrum

2. LTE Equipments being cheaper than 3G.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/enterprise-it/strategy/4G-services-Bharti-Airtel-vs-Reliance-Industries/articleshow/12635548.cms

To add some points to my above post:

The Article about Infotel is Good. 10/Gb its completely possible but it will be a problem the company to handle the load.

isn't minimum broadband speed defined as the "uber fast" 256Kbps in our country?

You are talking about broadband.

Govt defines that speed as broadband and hence the companies comply with it. Although i dont know which warped babu defined 256kbps as BROADband.. use it on youtube and one can take lunch, dessert and a stroll while the video buffers.
indifferent14.gif

Yes i am also thinking why its still 256kbps, it has been Redefined to 512kbps.

Nope. It has not been redefined.

Only that the basic plans now start from 512kbps, and that doesnt alters the official definition of Broadband in India.

The day they officially change the definition is the day airtel and other ISP will have to fall in line.. which is long overdue.

IT hub of the world they say for India eh?

So you're saying this doesn't apply to the mobile spectrum?

I dont see or hear the word Mobile 'Broadband' anywhere. That is good enough for them to give it a miss. Its India and an ISP we are talking about. Even if it comes out to that, these leech companies will say that mobile broadband is not equal to regular broadband.

Sanjay Kapoor (CEO, Airtel) : “Use Fixed Broadband If you want 100Gbâ€

This being said when we very well know what speeds they offer after FUP kicks in. Pretty much exhibits the attitude of the people in charge. They anyway get all the top schemes for free so they wouldnt know how to sell this stuff. Morons.

Question 1:- Can anybody clarify how come countries with not so much financial backup as that of India are doing better in terms of tarrifs and FUP schemes..?

Question 2: Can't we have a petition signed urging mass boycott of airtel's schemes..? CC (Retention Dept) for DTH is behaving rude and uncouth as well oflate just because i refuse to get the connection recharged.

Because they're once who talk about ridiculous thing called FUP.

Why always craptel in first place?

They feel indian telecom has cheaper call rates compared to other countries like africa where they charge 4bucks/min so they think they increase the charges? Lame right?

Why coz? They feel only 10gb is the average usage so 10gb is enough for the customer according to them.

These people started too much of Nautanki after mukesh was out of telecom field. Now he'l be back and make them run for their life.

@swatkats

Yeah, got to know from TOI only.

Remeber Reliance is the one who offered mobile with connection for 501 Rs at the time when damn all operators where charging hefty amount. Everyone came down after Reliance launched & we have all free incoming, 200 SMS free, STD for 50 Ps/min.

Now wait & watch,

By the way, Mr Mukesh is pumping 20,000 Crore INR (yeah right) for this project to launch across India..

Read here - http://www.medianama.com/2012/03/223-ril-to-start-4g-trials-in-jamnagar-next-month-report/

Trails are already started in Jamnagar, Gujarat in RIL complex.

Back